Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
???

I know I would be quite happy to get both:D Just need to decide who first....

Are the question marks about me saying I'll Live vicariously through you?

It means I'll experience having an olive python by you telling me about it, instead of getting one myself.

Does that make sense?

Defs get an olive :D

???

I know I would be quite happy to get both:D Just need to decide who first....

Get an olive :)

BHPs are beautiful but I think Olives are amazing :)

dy2eta5e.jpg
a6a4yhy2.jpg

Excuse the messy hair, Tinkerbell did that to me! Lol

Are the question marks about me saying I'll Live vicariously through you?

It means I'll experience having an olive python by you telling me about it, instead of getting one myself.

Does that make sense?

Defs get an olive :D
yeah, they were. I'm abit of a noob. Yeah that makes sense. I think that's how my niece is with all my pets, she gets so excited when she sees them

- - - Updated - - -

Get an olive :)

BHPs are beautiful but I think Olives are amazing :)

dy2eta5e.jpg
a6a4yhy2.jpg

Excuse the messy hair, Tinkerbell did that to me! Lol
haha, it's ok, my woma loves to play with my hair...
I have to agree. I absolutely love them!!! I think it was them that got me into pythons in the first place. Ever since I saw this one someone had out in the grass I just fell in love with them!!!
if it wasn't for the cuteness, small size of womas and that they're good for beginners, I probably would have got an olive strate away!!!:lol:

Should I get an olive or BHP as my next snake? I love them both! Was more looking for a larger one I can hold ;) I seem to have a soft spot for olives
Both are so different to keep and both are amazing :) my olive is probably
one of my favourites. But the BHP's are the ones everyone asks about when they go in the reptile room.
Get a bhp first then an olive next I say :)

Both are so different to keep and both are amazing :) my olive is probably
one of my favourites. But the BHP's are the ones everyone asks about when they go in the reptile room.
Get a bhp first then an olive next I say :)
How hard are the large ones to handle by yourself if instinct takes over with them around your neck? Just asking because princessparrot is young.

How hard are the large ones to handle by yourself if instinct takes over with them around your neck? Just asking because princessparrot is young.
I'm 6"2 107kg. I wouldn't get an adult olive out unless my wife is home. 99% of the time they are puppies. Just don't wanna get in a situation where you can't get it off! BHP's a good start for her. I always recommend getting hatchies of any larger snake cause you grow with them.

I'm 6"2 107kg. I wouldn't get an adult olive out unless my wife is home. 99% of the time they are puppies. Just don't wanna get in a situation where you can't get it off! BHP's a good start for her. I always recommend getting hatchies of any larger snake cause you grow with them.
Cheers food for thought for princessparrot , not sure on her situation with her parents being able to help out.

Cheers food for thought for princessparrot , not sure on her situation with her parents being able to help out.
Yep they are bloody strong lol. Just long lengths of muscle :) And crazy food response with long teeth :D

I was once woken by my 70 kilo screaming daughter with my 10kilo female olive , her cat and herself all entangled. Apparently the snake had got out and tried to eat the cat and my daughter unsucessfully tried to help. The hardest thing for me was keeping out of the way of the cat. It bit my thumb right through my thumb nail and out the other side . 20 minutes later all were seperated . My daughter had nearly lost her voice from screaming. I nearly lost my thumb to the cat; I had the cat in one pillow slip and the snake in the other. I am 2 meters tall and 120 kilos , It was a little disconcerting at the time. There is not doubt big olives have the potential to hurt if the wrong siuation arises.We now have a large blood stain on the carpet next to my bed- part human , part snake, part cat to remind me not to take chances!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was once woken by my 70 kilo screaming daughter with my 10kilo female olive , her cat and herself all entangled. Apparently the snake had got out and tried to eat the cat and my daughter unsucessfully tried to help. The hardest thing for me was keeping out of the way of the cat. It bit my thumb right through my thumb nail and out the other side . 20 minutes later all were seperated . My daughter had nearly lost her voice from screaming. I nearly lost my thumb to the cat; I had the cat in one pillow slip and the snake in the other. I am 2 meters tall and 120 kilos , It was a little disconcerting at the time. There is not doubt big olives have the potential to hurt if the wrong siuation arises.We now have a large blood stain on the carpet next to my bed- part human , part snake, part cat!
Wow mate, I think between your story and Snowman's people will think twice before putting themselves in this situation.

I was once woken by my 70 kilo screaming daughter with my 10kilo female olive , her cat and herself all entangled. Apparently the snake had got out and tried to eat the cat and my daughter unsucessfully tried to help. The hardest thing for me was keeping out of the way of the cat. It bit my thumb right through my thumb nail and out the other side . 20 minutes later all were seperated . My daughter had nearly lost her voice from screaming. I nearly lost my thumb to the cat; I had the cat in one pillow slip and the snake in the other. I am 2 meters tall and 120 kilos , It was a little disconcerting at the time. There is not doubt big olives have the potential to hurt if the wrong siuation arises.We now have a large blood stain on the carpet next to my bed- part human , part snake, part cat to remind me not to take chances!

You are 2m tall? damn man...

lol woka, I can just picture that classic!. And since ive met you and know how tall you are it certainly would of been a sight for sore eyes, mega battle.

I keep a number of olives and dont handle them at all, I use them for breeding not playing with. When i have to get them out for what ever reason it can be fun and games sometimes.
But I have no worries about working with them by myself, I have to, as other than my 4 year old son my other family members have no interest at all in my passion for snakes. In fact my partner has never even touched a snake and she probally never will.
But hey thats just me and this is what I do, snakes are as a part of my life as breathing.

- - - Updated - - -

TristanC,-
Yeah hes a big bugger, and not an ounce of fat on him. A very impressive specimen of a human.

- - - Updated - - -

Been posted before, but hey this is an olive python thread so why not again.

Attachments

• DSCF0082.jpg
    DSCF0082.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF0076.jpg
    DSCF0076.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
That snake actually came from Trueblue. It goes to show that you either need brains or brawn to handle the big ones. Rob obviously thought I had the brawn. He's about half my size so he must have the brains!lol
My daughter is a real animal lover and at times puts herself at risk to do the right thing by animals. The truth is that my Olive didn't get out of the cage; my daughter let her out for a bit of a romp around the house as she had many times before and since. It was just the combination of having a cornered cat and a hungry Olive, or maybe just a defensive olive and an inquisative cat, that turned the normal nightly happenings into a life threatening situation. I have seen from time to time pictures of handlers kissing big snakes. All this does in my opinion, is give new keepers the wrong idea. Dont get me wrong big snakes are fine but their potential should not be underestimated. I still have a couple of hundred kilos of adult Olives.

Yeah, it will be awhile till I can get either(it was hard enough to get mum let me have a woma). Mum HATES snakes(and birds and frogs and lizards:lol:). Probably at least another 5-10years till I get one so I was just wondering who would be best ;)

i love the look of black headed pythons but just have abit of a soft spot for the others

how common are albino black headed pythons these days?

lol woka, I can just picture that classic!. And since ive met you and know how tall you are it certainly would of been a sight for sore eyes, mega battle.

I keep a number of olives and dont handle them at all, I use them for breeding not playing with. When i have to get them out for what ever reason it can be fun and games sometimes.
But I have no worries about working with them by myself, I have to, as other than my 4 year old son my other family members have no interest at all in my passion for snakes. In fact my partner has never even touched a snake and she probally never will.
But hey thats just me and this is what I do, snakes are as a part of my life as breathing.

- - - Updated - - -

TristanC,-
Yeah hes a big bugger, and not an ounce of fat on him. A very impressive specimen of a human.

- - - Updated - - -

Been posted before, but hey this is an olive python thread so why not again.

i wish we could get Albino Olives over here...

they're stunning mate

cheers shaun

1420406_10151741529876806_195265352_n.jpg1420209_10151741517621806_293957388_n.jpg1415825_10151741529576806_1992233971_n.jpg
My girl after she shed yesterday. Hopefully ill be able to breed her next year. She's around the 2.4m mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back