Olive pythons!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cyber_crimes

I was hoping to purchase a pair of olive hatchlings in the not to distant future.As I have read very little on them I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything at all? I have heard that they are refered to as the friendly giants of the trade is this true? Also can anyone share some information on breeding them? such as when to introduce male,when to cool and the heat and humidity levels needed please.Last but not least what would be there average size and a good dietry food item to feed adults? Asking alot I know but there is just nothing out there on olive pythons anywhere.

Read Paul Berridge's care sheet in the articles section. There is great info in there!!
I bought my beautiful little Clarice from Paul just a little while ago... :D

Olives

Olives are a great snake, although I'm a relative newcomer to the olive scene, as I've only had mine for about 2 months (sibling of Nicole's).

From what I've heard, they are a fantastic snake, and usually quite friendly, particularly if they are handled a lot from birth, but they eat a LOT! :shock:

Be prepared to provide a LARGE enclosure eventually, as they can grow up to about 3 metres I believe, and eat like a horse! But they're a beautiful snake.

Perhaps Paul or Slatey can contribute here, as they are much more experienced - I know Slatey just LOVES his olive.

I love my olives. They are gentle giants. They enjoy to climb all over you and some times to go under your shirt. That is ok if they don't **** at same time.
One olive i have from community has been purchased 2 years old and i think poorly handled. He is first snake ewer to bit me and now after some time of regular handling he is calming down. That is why i recommend to get hatchling, because breeders don't have time to handle snakes every week and if you buying older stock they can be snappy.
I think that olive python is great snake for newbie who is interested to get first larger snake.
Just remember after 1 year you will be feeding 2 large rats weekly or medium size rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back