Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adazz

Reaction score
title says it all, sorry for the crappy camera phone quality :(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 436
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 328
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 489
excuse me please if this is a dumb question ( im a new parent to a young MD here) but why would it throw it back up if there is no where warm for it?
and it this typical for all snakes?
cheers

I reckon that would hurt coming out the other end! (joke)

stretching of the snake is benificial. maybe not to that extent but a snake that size is in no danger from swallowing a rat that big. infact.. if the snake can swallow it then it's a suitable meal.

i'll post a good one of mine tomorrow. one medium and one weiner :p such a lenghty fatness.. she looked like a couch potatoe that couldn't move under her basking lamp :lol:

so just a quick Q would an adult mouse be to large a meal for a 60cm coastal (or any snake for that matter)

so just a quick Q would an adult mouse be to large a meal for a 60cm coastal (or any snake for that matter)

For a 60 cm coastal I would not hesitate feeding an adult mouse to it. IMO, if a meal leaves a noticable lump, it's just right. I feed my juvenile womas adult mice and rats of approximately the same size - they chomp them down with no difficulty.

Being of the cautious nature, I usually feed my snakes smaller, more frequent meals. Remember, this is only my opinion and everyone has one :)

i have quiet a few that enjoy a big meal but i try and limit them to once every 4-5 feed

as spilota said a noticable lump is how i feed mine

but yeah i would not be trying that size meal in a click clack, in an enclosure with good heat then not a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back