ooenpelli python!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WombleHerp

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hello fellow herps :D i was thinking about snakes we dont usually talk about, then ooenpelli python came to mind. so, i want to know everything :p who owns any? who loves them? temprement? anything! so everyone can have a say.

ooenpelli power!
REGARDS

Nat ;)

oh, i forgot to mention i love to see pics :) so bring them on! silver and brown :D

Not sure who owns them but it'd be interesting to know think theres only a few in captivity though.

I reckon there's no oenpelli python in captivity but some "unknown" wildlife park in NT (Darwin?).
Once Pete Krauss got a couple and bred them (the one and ONLY caprive breeding so far), but then they saw confiscated them all.
I'd like so much to see some pics...Any?
Stef

i know that oenpelli pythons are a brown colour during the day, but they turn a beautiful silvery grey at night. its really beautiful. in the book australian snakes a natural history by richard shine there are a couple of pics of the silver and brown forms.. page 53 at top shows a silver one, and page 27 shows both at night and day. i cant take pics my camera is flat :S this book is excellent :D

heres some from google
oenpelli-python500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back