Oops, I couldn't help myself

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reffy

Reaction score
Hi All,
Saturday i went to a local pet shop in Darwin and saw two beautiful Spotted python, unfortunately they were both in 30 by 30 cages, when i inquired about the age. i was shocked to learn there were about 1 1/2 years old and both on 60cm in length and 1.5cm at the thickest parts of their body and that "i should feed them Fuzzie rats every 10 to 14 days", when i heard this i couldn't help myself.
So i would like to introduce you all to Pepsi (Female) and Coke (Male)
Pepsi is pretty good to hold and Coke is “Cage defensive” :p
Aussie python won’t let me upload pics but there are pics of them in my albums under Pepsi and Coke
Enjoy

The only thing bad about that is the cage size, admit it you just wanted some more snakes didnt you ;)

Haha, Well its hard to say actually what made me get them, but yeah you caught me hehe - though i personal wasn't to impressed with them being feed fortnightly..

Being fed fortnightly at that age is fine. Mine is fed that often and he's nice and plump and I've had no issues with him.

in warmer months i feed all my snakes every 7 days, colder months every 2 to 4 weeks depending if the excepted it

I feed nearlly all my snakes once a fortnight, and all are extremely healthy. and have not an issue in 7 years

Snakes don't need to grow quickly, people just want them larger faster so they can breed/show them off.

Once a fortnight for something that age is fine. Pepsi and Coke don't look underfed either, they actually look really healthy.

I didnt think they were and Im not just growing them quickly to breed and show them off I'm yet to bred. I was just saying I prefer to feed weekly and the pet shop I am talking about are really bad with feed and under feed alot, and don't really have "good advice" for people whom don't know much about snakes, I more started this thread because I thought they were nice health beatifil snake and couldn't stop myself from buying them but them being in a 30 by 30 cage and the advise they gave me just made my decision up..

they look good, im getting a childreni in a weeks or so, cant wait first python, i have already held it its gorgeous

Sad thing is even though you may be helping these 2, when you buy from petshops with poor habits cause you feel sorry for the animal you're just funding them to keep going and getting more animals in reality :C.

Yeah, I know if I had them money id buy them out, but I do feel better know every know and then I can make sure a few have a good home, it's better then none at all sadly..

seriously, that snake looks perfectly healthy, I don't understand how you're getting upset that it's not being fed properly?

they don't *have* to be fed weekly, and a small box is perfectly fine for a little snake.

please don't over dramatise

I'm not upset, and I didn't say THEY were unfeed I meant others there are, and once again I said i PREFER to feed weekly. I only started this to show people my new snakes ok..

hence why i reported one adelaide store to the fauna dept!! i refuse to buy anything from this particular store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back