Oops...Rick Shine's book has a slight mistake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i see the humour but the book is a 'natural history' and Rick does work in evolutionary biology(?), legless lizards are part of the history of snakes in terms of evolution. there may be some logic to it....

Legless lizards are actually legless geckos. The similarities they share with snakes are convergent not phylogenetic. Professor Shine must have been simultaneously bemused, amused and angry when this came out. Unless he did it as a joke, which is not unthinkable!

i see the humour but the book is a 'natural history' and Rick does work in evolutionary biology(?), legless lizards are part of the history of snakes in terms of evolution. there may be some logic to it....

Hey Jase,
Isn't there a Sydney region frog book with a pic of a frog on the front cover that doesn't occur in Sydney?

Hey Jase,
Isn't there a Sydney region frog book with a pic of a frog on the front cover that doesn't occur in Sydney?
Are you referring to Frogs and reptiles of the Sydney region by ken Griffiths?
If so from memory it has a L.chloris on cover, is that correct?
L.chloris does occur as far south as Ourimbah Central coast NSW so i guess thats kinda the greater Sydney region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back