Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Streak

Reaction score
Hi

I was just wondering what everyones oppinion was on the top 3 most easily handled, placid good natured snakes.

This is in general not on a single snake they had which was really good, but just in general..

Cheers

I would say Cape York carpets,bhps and womas,oh and bredli

Personally don't like labelling any species as placid or aggressive... I know everyone covers themselves with the "i know there'll be an exception" spiel, but I've had far too many exceptions ;) Insanely aggressive ball pythons and coastals, bitey bredls, even a corn snake once that tried to kill me on several occasions. And the only scrubbie I've ever handled was a darling :)

If I had to though (lol) bredls, bhps (my experience)

Have to agree with "hey im sam" on this one! Ive seen snappy bredli and very snappy diamonds and I have owned 3 scrubbies which have all been really easy to handle (one of them being the most placid snake I have ever owned). It really depends on the individual snake more than the species of snake.

Daniel

I am definately with Greebo on this one in regards to the Murray Darlings. Most Blackheads that I have come across are really handable too.
You are always going to find a nice nature in all species at some stage I guess. Just got to keep perservering I guess.
Regards Rina

My Murray darling is a pretty flighty... he's two years old and i handle him all the time.

Some are just flighty.

stu

bredli, BHP's, carpets. oh and jimmy the only reason ur trouser snake is so eazy to handle is cause u handle it alot.

(1) dead ones
(2) door stop variety
(3) toys-r-us variety
:lol:
....................................COASTALS !!!!!!!!

I got a juvie murray darling thats flighty has tried to bite on many occasions and is very snappy at times, got a 5ft darwin that is a quiet and shy

Re: RE: Opinnion: Top 3 Most Placid Snakes

soulweaver said:
inland taipan, coastal taipan, mulga snake :p
Proberly true - the inland taipan has only ever been recorded biting naturalists.
The big problem with asking this type of question, aside from the junk answers and Jimmys confessions, is that most people, my self included, have only limited exposure to each species and are therfore baseing thier opinions on limited data and other peoples opinions. I haven't been bitten by a GTP or BTS but have by coastals but that doesn't mean that, on average, the GTP is more placid than the coastals. And yes I have handled all three species, but the number of GTPs I have handled amount to 1, and that was only for a short time.

RE: Re: RE: Opinnion: Top 3 Most Placid Snakes

I think that a snake will handle better if you constantly handle. hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back