Ordered a scale baby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk1701

Reaction score
I went to my local pet shop today just to look at their snakes and they have spotted hatchlings coming in over the next month. My heart just melted and I put my name down for one. They had a couple of hatchlings there and they were stunning (but unfortunately already spoken for), such beautiful bold patterns.

Can't wait to pick up my baby! Now I just need to finish my setup, only for a heat source and thermostat to go.

On that note - I've seen posts about making a heat tile (using a heat cord) setup. I am planning to have my setup in my bedroom on my dresser - do I need to put something under the heat cord so it doesn't wreck the dresser top? If so what? Like would a wooden chopping board work?

A wooden chopping board would work fine, or you could also just pop another tile underneath the heat cord, sandwiching it.

A wooden chopping board would work fine, or you could also just pop another tile underneath the heat cord, sandwiching it.
Great thanks!

Is there a brand or type of thermostat which is better?

Just have it on a timer. I have mine on a timer, I don't use thermostats. You can get various models of timers from Bunnings from $5 up to $25.
How what sort of timing schedule do you use? I have a timer on my turtles tank but thats fairly simple.

Currently my timer for my pythons is on from 7pm til 11am. It's obviously off for the hottest parts of the day.

What would you recommend for a single hatchling in a chick clack?
No more than 5w for a heat mat, but get a good quality one with a built in thermostat it they even make thos anymore

Great thanks!

Is there a brand or type of thermostat which is better?
Well... it's a bit expensive, but the Reptile One Atmostat will automatically turn lights on and off in the morning and at night, and will also turn the lights off if the temperature reaches a preset maximum. Pretty easy to maintain temps in a click clack with these, though they are pricey. I used a similar system for my first spotted in a click clack. :)

No more than 5w for a heat mat, but get a good quality one with a built in thermostat it they even make thos anymore
Looking online they appear to still make them - will see if I can find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back