Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blakehose

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day all,

I'm looking to get a monitor soon and was originally looking at getting an ackie, but since have been given the go ahead on an outdoor enclosure so I wouldn't mind getting something a bit bigger like a mertens. Though with the freezing winters here I'm wondering what would be the best way to give supplementary heating to a pit, or if it is just too much trouble here in Southern Vic. If anyone has pictures or info on their setups it would be great if you could share.

cheers.

Pretty dead topic by the looks of things..

Here are some photos of what was my outdoor enclosure for my Desert Sand Monitor=Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus.

lf you plane on keeping Merten Water Monitor's outdoor here in Victoria, you will require your outdoor enclosure to be fully enclosed during the winter months, and have a water heater install the their water pond for warmth, aswell as a heat matt that his water proof.

lf you wish to know what else to use for heating just send me a pm and l will do what ever l can to help you in what to use for heating, and how to build a outdoor enclosure for what ever you decide to keep in Monitors outdoor.

Last edited:
u could use a solar hot water heater panel thingy 2 heat water? and u could attach a solar panel 2 a heat cord or something. solar hot water panels cost a bit tho, look on ebay, dad got 2 for like $170 or something from ebay.

Will

Here are some photos of what was my outdoor enclosure for my Desert Sand Monitor=Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus.

lf you plane on keeping Merten Water Monitor's outdoor here in Victoria, you will require your outdoor enclosure to be fully enclosed during the winter months, and have a water heater install the their water pond for warmth, aswell as a heat matt that his water proof.

lf you wish to know what else to use for heating just send me a pm and l will do what ever l can to help you in what to use for heating, and how to build a outdoor enclosure for what ever you decide to keep in Monitors outdoor.

what temps does it get at your place at night?

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back