Outdoor reptile/bird aviary idea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindy

Reaction score
Hey everyone! :)

So I have recently taken a large interest in canaries and dad has agreed to build me my own aviary for them (dad is a bird fanatic and agrees to anything involving birds haha). I've had (what I think is) a good idea.

What I have thought is that I can have an aviary set up for the canaries but on the floor of the aviary have it set up for a pair of blue tongues. In my mind, I cant see the canaries attacking the blue tongues or vice versa.
What is everyone's opinion on this idea? It will be roughly 5ft long and about 4ft wide and about 6-7ft tall. It will be all open to let all of the sun and UV in and a closed part in the back for the nesting area for the canaries and a large hide box for the bluies.

Any constructive advice welcome :)

Cheers, Aaron!

There may be a health issue for the Bluies with all the canary poop over the floor. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the above.
I would also think that having birds flying above the Bluies would stress them out to no end.
That and there is no guarantee that nothing will be attacked.

I have seen it done with finches. The aviary was 10+ metres long and housed Eastern Blue Tongues , EWDs and a few turtles within a pond.

The only problem was he had to keep replenishing the finches as the EWDs were master assassins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back