Outdoor vens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damo1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Who keeps their venomous snakes outdoors in Victoria?? (Pictures would be much appreciated)

Who keeps their venomous snakes outdoors in Victoria?? (Pictures would be much appreciated)
In most states, if not all, venomous snakes must be kept in an escape proof locked room specifically for them and it is a requirement of your venomous license.

Please don't take this the wrong way.
I think you need to do a lot more research before even considering owning a venomous snake. It is not something that you should be doing on impulse. If you are serious the question you have asked would not need asking.

I'm almost certain you can keep them in locked outdoor enclosures in Victoria. I know people who do and they've been inspected without any problems. I'm fairly sure it is illegal in NSW, not sure about elsewhere.

i'm pretty sure you can have some elapids on the basic license.

also, that's an amazing looking room, tho i'd be extra careful when in there for sure. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What size are those tubs/ ponds and what is used as a lid. They are amazing setups.

Also are those red bellied blacks permanently together or are they together just for breeding?

When I was at Hartleys croc farm they had a red belly pit and it had no lid. TBH it was, in my opinion, more suited to a lizard as it had no lid and was easily reached into by visitors. Just my opinion though. If it had some sort of lid to stop hands going in then it would be a different story.

Also where do you get those ponds

Ditto that! A friend's in Vic. check your State legislation.

View attachment 321980

View attachment 321981

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry Damo1, not my place to comment as this is neither my setup nor my animals. They are aquaculture ponds though:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back