Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Can anyone think of any oz snakes in movies?
I can think of 2
Mad Max 2 where a carpet protects Bruce Spences orthocopter ( envenomates someone too )
Fat Pizza where the health inspector finds a mac python under the counter ( and a possum in the coffee machine)

Any more?

i once saw a movie, can't rememeber the name but rattlers were killing people to due a cross between a rattler and something else which made the venom more extremely dangerous and in some shots i swear to god there are some carpets

Not a movie but there was a BHP in a tree on the dodgy series 'Beastmaster'

Was funny when I saw it

I'm sure there were a few in the Oscar nominated film staring everyones favourite Steve 'Crikey' Irwin. :)

I think there was only a brown in crikeys movie.

What about Kangaroo Jack?
I can't remember if there was any snakes in it but there was alot of australian outback.

I'm sure there were some shots in Crocodile Dundee.

I think.

:p

Hix

Crocodile dundee had some sort of snake that they ate in part 1.
(you can live on it, but it tastes like sh*t)

Also had a cobra in part 3 & a fake anaconda :p There was a little perentie in part 3 too.

I remember that one, southy. It was a really dodgy American movie, two species of rattlesnakes hybridised, they used carpet pythons and rattlesnakes interchangably throughout, of course, carpets were used every time they were in contact with people. There was a black headed python in that movie too, which was supposedly a north American snake which liked to eat rattlesnakes. I suppose they figured that anyone who had a quarter of a clue was going to laugh at the movie and was a lost cause anyway, so why bother making it semi realistic? Do you remember the quantity of venom the "herpetologist" obtained when he milked that 'super hyper mega killer' rattle snake?

There was a really dodgy Australian movie in the early 80's, a suitcase of money exchanged hands near the start of the movie, there was a snake inside (I couldn't recognise one snake from another at the time) which bit the guy who opened it, he quickly died and the first guy took it back.

Heaps of low quality Australian shows, such as Neighbours, use Australian snakes, often they use Olive Pythons as standins for "generic deadly snakes".

thats the show sdaji, pretty funny i thought but thats those americans for ya

what about python vs boa............have no clue what they were thinking of to create that movie.

southy i saw that movie too cant remember what it was called eithier and their is lots of movies with snakes in them for instence boa vs python and heaps more like that one

There's quite a large BHP in Croc Dundee 2. I also remember A Country Practice always used diamonds or carpets as venomous snakes.

Not snakes, but Picnic at Hanging Rock has a Bluey and a Bearded in it.

there is an Old aussie movie called SMILEY.

Set in the bush, the young boy is attacked by a snake, and bitten... SHOCK HORROR

They ride off full steam towards the local docotors, and save his life.... poor Smiley!

The offending snake is a Diamond python.

i know the movie u guys were talkin bout with the hybrid rattle snakes, it was dodgy, i culdnt b stuffed 2 finish watching it, i know the name will come 2 me at sum stage.
its so stupid how they used carpet pythons, they dont even look like rattlers.
John

I saw a movie many many years ago about a young boy who saves an emu egg from a lace monitor. He then hatches the egg & raises the emu as his pet.

Anyone know the show I am talking about? Would love to watch it again.

There was a really crap movie made many years ago called "Sssssssssssnake" (I think) about a herpetologist who has a young male assistant that takes an interest in the herper's gorgeous daughter. The herper makes the assistant take an injection of cobra venom every day "to build up resistance" but it actually turns him into a snake.

This is why you don't mess with the daughter of a psychotic herpetologist.

:p

Hix

In an episode of Skippy I saw just recently (thankyou for latenight tv)- a bushwalker was bitten by a green tree snake. Did I mention she thought she was going to die (but was 'supposed' to be an experienced bushwalker type person). It was funny watching her companion beat a rubber snake with a stick, then 'Skippy' stuffing it into her pouch. It was also hilarious when the guy (the younger ranger dude) when he sees the snake Skippy dumped out of her pouch goes 'it looks like someones killed it with a stick' (I didn't think Rubber snakes dented like that???)
I laughed so hard I woke my husband.

JandC_Reptiles, i have the strangest feeling i know the movie u r talkin bout, think i might have seen it as a kid

Venomous, is the movie with the super vipers..... I am so ashamed to admit that i know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back