P riding test tomorrow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I already am a bit because I have seen a pic of your bike !
I rode a BMW R1150 gs for my test and passed easily . They are a really nice bike to ride !

They are a big bike the GS, mine is the RT. They are great bikes eh Mick. So when are you getting one.....:)

What do you find the Aprilla like Farmdog ? I have heard good things about them
My 250 was a suzuki across
I am now riding a yamaha Fzr 600 But i am thinking of getting something bigger like a Zx12 r
I like the Bm's Hugsta but want more of a sports bike .

Big sports bike are nice like the zx12r. I rode a mates one a while a go, heaps of grunt, nice bikes. I rode the new CBR1000RR from honda, what a machine, if I could have a toy it would have to be the Honda.

So Was the a marked power difference between the zx & the cbr in real road situations ? My friend has a cbr 1000rr and loves it but he is a honda man .I love the green machines myself .

The ZX12R is more "ballsy" than the 1000. The CBR is more revvy but is unbelievably quick. I don't know if I believe him or not, but my mate on the ZX12 reckons he has done 300km/h on it, I've done 220 on it and it still had plenty so it is quite possible. I had the 1000 up to 240km/h but don't think it would have such a great top speed but would certainly get there quicker. With the 1000 you really need to hang on or you find yourself sliding of the back under full throttle and you can't keep the front wheel done.

I have heard good things about them
mate it goes like a rocket for a 250 but not keen on it as it is a 2 stroke and you need to give it a some good throttle to get going and nearly dropped it when I open the throttle too much.
I am now riding a yamaha Fzr 600 But i am thinking of getting something bigger like a Zx12 r
I like the Bm's Hugsta but want more of a sports bike .
I think that Ducati naked bike will slaughter most but the latest CBR600rr is awesome had the opputunity to ride 1 and it was smooth ride and somewhat more comfy then my bike and acceleration was sweet but saying that I have had limited riding experience.

hugsta said:
The ZX12R is more "ballsy" than the 1000. The CBR is more revvy but is unbelievably quick. I don't know if I believe him or not, but my mate on the ZX12 reckons he has done 300km/h on it, I've done 220 on it and it still had plenty so it is quite possible. I had the 1000 up to 240km/h but don't think it would have such a great top speed but would certainly get there quicker. With the 1000 you really need to hang on or you find yourself sliding of the back under full throttle and you can't keep the front wheel done.

I have read in tests and specs they will do over 330 pretty quick for on the road and not that many safe places to do that type of speed .
Ballsy is what i am looking for as my bike is quite revvy and i would like to get away from that .

Sounds like it would be a fun bike to ride farmdog I would love to ride a 500 2 stroke on the road that would be fun !!!

Sounds like it would be a fun bike to ride farmdog I would love to ride a 500 2 stroke on the road that would be fun !!!
Would be very "snappy" too when the revs got up there.

I am thinking of taking the Spirit of Tasmania to Tassie with the bike, doing some riding around Tasmania and then coming back up to Melbourne and around the coast back to Sydney. Would be an awesome trip I reckon.

My mates went down through the centre of aus on a yzf 600 and a vtr 1000 saw ayers rock and all that came back up the GOR and pacific they were going to do tassie but didnt have enough time
The only problem was the low fuel range of the vtr 180 ks to the tank so they both had to carry spare fuel .

I really don't think that Slatey is worrying bout all the specs etc for bikes? He's just hoping he can stay upright, and get Mrs Slatey on there as well?? LOL! LOL!! :lol:

You wait he will be wanting more power soon enough !!! it only takes a few weeks and you need more power !!!! maybe a nitrous hayabusa !!

When I was out at Camerons Corner earlier on this yr I met a bloke on bike that was just travelling. He had an old BMW with over 200,000k's on it. He had ridden all the way from Sydney and was heading up to NT and back through QLD mostly on dirt roads.

maybe a nitrous hayabusa !!
some people put a turbo in one in enlgand I think thing like a rocket apparently it was difficult to keep the front end down even at 330+km

Have you guys seen the email of the guy on the guy on the road bike overseas. Unreal, pops the front wheel up at 130ks up to 170k's and tops out at about 275k's all on a public road. great view of the dash and the raod. PM me your email if you want to see it.

What about ghostrider ? I love that Dvd Also like all twisted and pucked las vagas extremes
all awesome vids
In Ghostrider he rides 68 ks in 15 mins and average speed is 273 ks an hour he rides through peak traffic in the city up to 200 ks then lane splits at up to about 250 ks
I rekon he must of been on drugs !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back