Pagona Barbatas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bright green barbarta - thats amazing!! Was it dark or light green and what percentage?
I found two sub adults which had a definite light blue through them, very nice animals.
I have seen a yellowish one in a book and there are a lot of white ones for sale
and I thought barbatas came in drab grey with a bit of brown thrown in!

Ad - It was a kinda of pale olivey green on its body (not unlike a water dragon) and a bright flouro green (kinda like a hi-liter texta color) around it's ears. And it liked to bite :) I've got a couple of juvies with a fair bit of Gold. The big Female also tends to go fairly gold in the sun too...

Awesome, I love green reptiles - i'd kill for emerald monitors!

Hey Belle
i got my barbata from a breeder in wagga wagga.The little fella cost me $40 +$10 delivery to sydney.However now comes the bad part, all i can remember is that their names were dave and sue and they lived in wagga wagga but i've miss-placed the rest of the details.I found them on herptrader and they were more than helpful.Don't really know if this will help, but hey!!
Cheers seth.

Barb's are about the most common herps in NSW, maybe beaten by Blueys but that'd be all. If you keeps an eye out and ask around, you should be able to pick some up. I paid nothing for mine, but that was from a friend and he has none left.
Al, I believe that in the US and UK they cross breed Vitties with Barbs to produce a large dragon with great temperament and unusual colours. However, this makes them mules.

Okay, thanks guys...But can we get back to the subject? Thanks!

P.S
Jeremy, could you PM the details of your boss?

Cheers! BB

Yes we did get a bit off track there!
Fancy having a discussion over a classified! :roll: :)

Lol...Not to worry, I learnt abit...Expecially that the female beardies are the ones that lay the eggs...Thought it was the males. Is that the same for ALL reptiles?! God, females do ALL the work!

hey they dont get to have babies if the males dont do some sort of work.

i agree spidsy if us guys didn't do any workthe girls would just start to complain and probably steal the guys credit cards and run up a bill.

Hey Belinda, nice sarcasm
I never even intimated that anyone didn't know that the females layed the eggs, I merely postulated that the only fool proof way to know if it is a female is that they lay the eggs. Everything else with beardies is only a small amount better than a guess.
I guess the only problem with a fool proof method is that someone is always inventing a better fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back