Painted Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyro

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My other half found this little guy at work & I thought i'd share a few pics. Unfortunately he had found some wet paint so he was a bit messy looking but I presume it wont cause any problems & will shed off eventually. I think he is a red-naped snake, Furina diadema can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• tn_DSCF3154.JPG
    tn_DSCF3154.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 137
  • tn_DSCF3155.JPG
    tn_DSCF3155.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 132
  • tn_DSCF3156.JPG
    tn_DSCF3156.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 66
  • tn_DSCF3158.JPG
    tn_DSCF3158.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 70
  • tn_DSCF3160.JPG
    tn_DSCF3160.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 60
kinda looks like a hatchling brown to me

Holy s#$%, glad no-one was bitten, thanks heaps guys

yes even a youngster brown is quite potentially capable of causing you grief

i relocated 6 of these from the back of our workshop this year some with brilliant black bands over the total length. Definitely eastern brown because i was also fortunate enough to see the parents mating.

wow i never new juvinile browns looked like that i would never have though that was one lol i guess you learn something everyday

Yes its a baby Eastern Brown, im glad u didnt get bitten.

Some more examples, the images are only small but you can see the diversity the ones i relocated i assume were clutch mates some with bands some without. Something i will probly never experience again:lol::D

Attachments

• brown.jpg
    brown.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 329
  • brown 2.jpg
    brown 2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 328
page 439 steve wilson guide to reptiles shows a banded juvinile eating a skink as well it is a far better pic

wow lol, did u freehandle him? lol

No I didn't but one of the blokes my other half works with got a little scratch so I guess he feels pretty lucky today:lol: I don't touch anything unless i'm 100% sure of the ID & in this case my gut instinct was screaming DON'T TOUCH. It was the most cranky little bugger I have ever encountered & I'm just glad I listened to my gut:) I went & purchased a few other reptile books yesterday so next time I will be better prepared to make the correct ID:lol:

And here is mum...got 3 weeks a go...:D

Attachments

• view.jpg
    view.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back