Parent advice...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca-Marie

Reaction score
Seriously at my wits end with my 9 month old. She will not nap during the day, no matter how tired she is. She is usually no problem but lately she fights it until she is over tired and such a sour puss. Any tricks?
Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Keep reptiles, not kids :twisted:

I'm just joking :) have you tried warm milk or reading stories before you put her down to have a nap? I've heard it helps :)

Lol they both cause me stress lol.

She wont stay still long enough to read her stories although she usually loves them.

Not sure if you have heard of this but Tizzie Hall has a website and routine for sale called Save our sleep. My little girl was a nightmare with sleep till someone recommended this book/website. Its not expensive and when we had our second put him straight on it and works like a charm. Pure gold we would pay ten times as much. Takes anywhere from a week to a month to get them into this routine but worth the effort. Hope this helps. Ps. I don't get commission or trying to sell her book just trying to help :)

Last edited:
She sleeps through the night she has since she was 3 months its just nap time. Iv always used controlled crying and great results but lately its battle of the wills. If it continues i will try it can u pm me the link?

I used to play the same (relaxing) cd all the time for my son's naps.
Even if he was restless, he soon learned to associate the music with "nap time".

Our son was an absolute terror and nothing worked until my grandma told us to use a aniseed stock cube in the bottle before nap times.
It was what she use to use back in the war to get my mother and her brothers to sleep back in the old country.
I didn't think it would work but she insisted and we've used it every nap time since and actually sleep through the night now.

Consider yourself lucky to have a 9 month old that sleeps through the night to start with. I found that to take my kids for a walk in the stroller would help. But most important is to have a "busy" morning, wind down half an hour before nap time and most likely u have a sleeping bub. If you have time, nap with her

BTW, my middle one slept 7-8 hours any 24 hour cycle at the most. She did that in equally many goes. In short she never slept more than an hour at the time until she was 4.5 years old. This is a nearly 3 month premie bub so have no idea how she managed

I always used to put them in the car and drive around till they fell asleep. Works a treat :)

I know this sounds silly but a baby will sleep if its eyes are closed. So if you stroke very softly between the eyebrows and down the nose a baby will close their eyes and then sleep. Also if you rub in a circle just above the eyebrows in the middle of the forehead that works as well. I believe that area is called the third eye. These things work for me when I'm putting 12 hyped up toddlers to sleep at work. Always remember the lighter the touch the better.

For me or the baby? Lol ive seen the naptime vid love it lol especially at the end...i feel pregnant lol

My brother wouldn't go to sleep unless he was sung or played Elvis Presley's Can't help falling in love with you. Haha worked a treat on him though :p

Phenergan will work a treat. Just kidding , I would never use it or recommend it but I know someone that used it for their kids who had aspergers before they knew they had it. I would try a lot of physical activity in the morning to wear them out and then start winding them down an hour before rest time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back