Parent advice...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get our daughter to sleep when she was little we used to put our wedding video on in her bedroom, worked a treat :)

We put the kidlets in the cot, turn on some soft music and let them go, if they sleep, they sleep... If not, they keep themselves occupied in a safe place where they can't hurt themselves and it gives mum or dad some time to do whatever they gotta do... And being the terrible parents that we are, we'd let them scream if that's what they did... Our 2 kids survived....

With both of ours we didn't have this problem , they slept whenever we put them near a bed no matter what time of day or night .We thought we were lucky -------------but NOW 15 and 16 yrs old the "little ''darlings just want to stay up .I was tarting at 4:00 am so I went to bed about 8;30 ish and they didn't so they were still up when mum got home from work at 10;30 , then our son would be awake as I left for work in the morning Moral to story --- don't worry the sleep patterns will change :lol:

I think as long as your bub is sleeping through the night, the daytime naps are probably not as important. Our 3 year old has only just started sleeping through the night, in his own bed, without having to try tricks like taking him for a drive to get him to sleep in the last 6 months. We were at our wits end but he's good now. Our 6 month old is a dream because we didn't make the mistakes like rocking her to sleep etc.
She is getting tired obviously so I would suggest as others have said. Winding down. When they yawn or rub their eyes, give them a feed, put them down and get them relaxed. We've found, as bad as it is, that tv helps. Keep the volume down but I think the lights an movement tire their eyes and helps them go to sleep. My little girl will only watch The Lorax though, other cartoons or anything just won't do it. Lol I've seen it 1000 times I reckon and pretty much know it off by heart. Hahaha good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back