Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AntaresiaFreak13

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have just started breeding spotted pythons which my parents approved but now when i am being offered a breeding pair of beardies with their enclosures all for free my parents they say no, I have the money but struggle with space if only you were able to move out when your 16 :( I would be long gone :lol:
who else on this forum have trouble having parents, girlfriends or wives that don't understand our passion for reptiles let me know

I moved from Alice springs to Melbourne last year to start an apprenticeship last year when I was 16 I'm 17 now and have own apartment with my girlfriend but. Wouldn't suggest trying it I struggle a lot and have 3 snakes :) I wouldn't stress you'll be able t move out in like 2 years and so on but sometimes you've gotta cop it on the chin and ride it out :)

I got rid of all of my snakes a few years ago (jungle, carpet and a pair of water pythons) when i was moving in with my bf. Stupidest thing iv done. I have a few now and although my family members dont like them they are ok with me having them. Honestly though you dont want to move out at 16...you dont know hard it is.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I get the standard "you already have enough" from the mrs but she seems to understand my love of reptiles. She enjoys feeding the frogs and beardie as much as i do.

Space is always going to be an issue until we purchase our own home, but once we do i have been approved a reptile room/shed :)

Rick

I moved from Alice springs to Melbourne last year to start an apprenticeship last year when I was 16 I'm 17 now and have own apartment with my girlfriend but. Wouldn't suggest trying it I struggle a lot and have 3 snakes :) I wouldn't stress you'll be able t move out in like 2 years and so on but sometimes you've gotta cop it on the chin and ride it out :)
yah i know i tried renting a bedroom of a mates families mansion thingy but his parent were way overpricing it lost 2-3 grand in 2 months and had to come crawling back :| but yeah they are glad to know i am moving out as soon as i turn 18 :D as you said mate 2 years down the track.

I get the standard "you already have enough" from the mrs but she seems to understand my love of reptiles. She enjoys feeding the frogs and beardie as much as i do.

Space is always going to be an issue until we purchase our own home, but once we do i have been approved a reptile room/shed :)
Rick
haha im stuck with a bedroom which was a old homeoffice with the dimensions of 2 meters by 4 metres its hard to fit any reptile into that size and be able to move freely good luck with your future house mate :D

Last edited:
My boy has trouble with the concept that when we move I'm going to be getting a scrubby and a baby croc (among other things :D) and he says that if any of them try to kill me he's going to kill them. I'm trying to instill in him that, no, killing them is not necessary, just grab the mouthwash instead.

I just take my wife to 'look' at any potential new snakes.......When she falls in love with them it makes my work SOOOOO much easier! :lol:

who else on this forum have trouble having parents, girlfriends or wives that don't understand our passion for reptiles let me know

IMO is might also be a good idea to also add in boyfriends/husbands in that section as well. My partner didn't have a choice when I bought my first snake, he wouldn't even come into the pet shop when I had him on layby, he will barely come near him still after a year and a half becuse my little one snapped him when he was a tiny hatchie on his finger, till this day of my dreams of having a lot more snakes is still not getting there as quickly as I would like due to my partner not liking snakes.

Perhaps you all need new parents, wives, husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends :lol:

My girlfriend looks after all my reptiles while I'm away for work, which in itself is fantastic, but she's said no to more reptiles due to space, so I just buy them anyway and she falls in love with them almost instantly, win win :)

Take the advice from people who have moved out from there parents at age 16, it is not fun, its fully regretable. People may think its a good idea at the time, but believe me you would be lost without your family, girlfriends and wives are mainly just something there to keep your head high, they push you and make sure you don't mess up. Thats mainly depending on who that girl is like. I live with my mum and 2 sisters, also my boyfriend and im 18. Be sure not to leave home till you are finacially ready and know that you won't mess up. We also own 3 snakes and one blue tongue but we all pay our way evenly with the animals, I do also want to get another snake but can't till after we move, its pretty annoying but its for the best and im sure your parents are not meaning to take anything away, they probably are new to the reptile thing, maybe show them a few interesting things about them?

That's the way keep your chin up as shay said it IS regrettable my girlfriend of 11 months has suddenly decided she misses home way too much nd misses her horses... so.she is going home and I.now can't afford rent after moving into my own unit a month ago lol but my best mate moves here soon so it'll be ok but it is hard and even at 18 I can imagine it being hard save save save..... a big kitty of money will keep you going get a job before you move out settle into.your job then go for a place to live yourself first because when everything that life throws at you hits you it's going to hit you hard an that's no exaggeration I've nearly lost hope now haha but.I'm.gonna prove everyone wrong and finish what I started :) you'll get there just don't doubt yourself that makes it worse that's why I'm struggling anyway off to trade school to make some horse shoes lol bye :)

lol your folks are letting you breed spottys.. Alot more than most young people get to own.. least you got the snakes.. :)

My boyfriend and I are moving into our own house on Sunday, even at 21 I'm terrified! I worry that we will be struggling and won't be able to cover expenses. I'd definitely plan alot before moving out!
& as for girlfriends saying no to snakes, I'm the one who keeps being told no by him :p

mate my parents never let me have any reptiles at all. You are doing well.
A breeding pair of beardies is a lot of work, time and money. Be sure that you are ready for multiple clutches and tons of babys. It is a big responsibility

Benefits of being 16 - most girls my age like snakes including the girlfriend :D
anteristafreak13 do you find this :D
luckily i dont need to move out for a while parents let me keep as many snakes as i want :D i built a python rack that can house adult carpets you should do the same if you want to make the most of the space you have besides that i have a few vivs in my room and hatchling tubs witch basically can be put on top of a viv with a heat cord
Cheers - Liam

My partner doesn't like my jungle as it was snappy when younger as they are but I want more reptiles as its an addiction lol but she says no :(

That's the way keep your chin up as shay said it IS regrettable my girlfriend of 11 months has suddenly decided she misses home way too much nd misses her horses... so.she is going home and I.now can't afford rent after moving into my own unit a month ago lol but my best mate moves here soon so it'll be ok but it is hard and even at 18 I can imagine it being hard save save save..... a big kitty of money will keep you going get a job before you move out settle into.your job then go for a place to live yourself first because when everything that life throws at you hits you it's going to hit you hard an that's no exaggeration I've nearly lost hope now haha but.I'm.gonna prove everyone wrong and finish what I started :) you'll get there just don't doubt yourself that makes it worse that's why I'm struggling anyway off to trade school to make some horse shoes lol bye :)

I'm hoping that doesn't happen between me and my boyfriend because we are moving to Sydney and it's a big step for both of us and my family. As he has to put up with my family (the weird bunch) :p
But that's the thing about moving in with a partner, you got to be sure that that is what you absolutely want, it's not just all tears of joy as most people would think, it's hard to deal with it as for all the fight's that could happen. Me and my Boyfriend fight but we always find a way of smiling in the end, I can be a bit of a ***** sometimes but that's just who I am and his learned to deal with it as I have dealt with his problems. We both are into the same hobbies and both love snakes so we plan on breeding them a few years down the track depending how everything plans out. Hopefully good.

lol your folks are letting you breed spottys.. Alot more than most young people get to own.. least you got the snakes.. :)

I'm 15 got my womas breeding and got my collection of 11 reptiles happening. they aren't to impressed but I am trying to get them addicted. one of the snakes is half mums so I am a bit closer to that. she likes blue tongues so im trying to get some to get her addicted or that little bit closer to been addicted anyway haha.

They have also seen the wishlist haha. I am only breeding to pay for my reptiles at the moment. I breed them then clear bills for food and electricity to keep my reptiles and then a little bit extra will go towards another project.

I can't wait.
Dad's not to keen on snakes but he doesnt mind the lizards so might try and get him to buy a pair of lizards to breed hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back