Parkers Enclosures/ auzlizardking feedback.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

There are some unsolved problems our members have with this sponsor.
Some of the orders people placed are late and customers are not fully satisfied with they approach to they complains.

Please feel free to post here in mature and civil manner. And only customers who are dealing with this sponsor now or in past should post to this topic.
Happy or unhappy.
Lets keep it fair.

Let the others know about experience you have by dealing with this sponsor.

Bad language and insults will be not tolerated.

As long as people understand that Darryn spent most of the weekend without power and had a lot of unwanted water and trees in his property. He still may not have power. And for what it is worth I have found Darryn at Parker Enclosures a pleasure to deal with.

Cheers

Ben

As long as people understand that Darryn spent most of the weekend without power and had a lot of unwanted water and trees in his property. He still may not have power. And for what it is worth I have found Darryn at Parker Enclosures a pleasure to deal with.

Cheers

Ben
he may have lost power over the weekend but that dont account for the 6weeks people are waiting for after paying money for stuff they don't receive or are promised time and time again

Please only customers who are dealing with this sponsor now or in past post to this topic.
Happy or unhappy.
Lets keep it fair.

Hello and thank you for opening this thread.

I purchased 3 enclosures from this seller nearly a year ago. He stated the enclosures would take a week or so to be delivered and seemed genuine. He told me I had to deposit the full $1070 into his account before he would build the enclosures. I deposited the money into account and then the waiting game began. I emailed him constantly and for the first several weeks received occassional replies stating delays for one reason or another. A couple of months went by and my anger grew. I phoned him a couple of times and usually the phone would ring off the hook. I did manage to get in touch once and left a message with his partner asking him to reply. I was civil to her as I did not have a grievance with her.

After 2 months and many emails, he got in touch and told me he had sent the enclosures. I asked him for a tracking number so I could find out where the enclosures were. He gave me a number but when I attempted to trace the article I found the number to be fictitious. I called the depot he stated he sent the parcels from and enquired where the enclosures were. They told me he had not sent them at all. I called him and confronted him with this information and things got very heated. The next day he called me again and told me there was a mix up with the depot and that he had resent the enclosures. I asked for a tracking number again and this time when I checked the status of the enclosures found they had been sent the day after he stated (after I had confronted him with the false information he had provided).

About a week later the enclosures tuned up. To my dismay, the enclosures were 90x45x45 cm and very poorly built. Nearly all the light fittings provided were broken due to poor packing. I had ordered and payed for three 90x60x60 cm enclosures. This means the enclosures he sent were only 56 percent the total volume of those I had paid for. When I phoned and told him about the enclosures he denied sending me smaller enclosures and told me the broken fittings were broken by myself. He actually told me I must have hit them with a hammer.

I could go on but I won't bore you - I've gone through all this before on this forum and nothing was done. Bottom line - I have not been reimbursed. After my last post regarding this matter, it was suggested by many that he should exchange the enclosures. I offered to send them once replacements were sent but Darryn flatly refused. He told me to send them to him (at my cost) and then he would send me replacements. I had just been ripped off to the tune of $1070 and he asks me to fork out more money to rectify his deliberate error... lol - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I tried to call again to get a refund but he would not answer his telephone. He stated I was harrassing him by trying to get my money back and threatened me with legal action and tried to tell people I had threatended his partner.

I know I won't get my money back. I have three broken enclosures here and melamine (sp) doesn't even burn well so I can't even build a bonfire.

I have stated I am no angel in another thread. Sure I got fired up. When someone steals over $1000 from me then refuses to pay me back, I get very angry.

I'm still $1070 out of pocket and I can't use his enclosures due to their shoddy workmanship.

Photos included.
100_0717.jpg

100_0719.jpg

100_0718.jpg

In Darryns defence (I can't believe I am doing this), to be FAIR, please only post comments in here if you have directly done business with Darryn, and aren't just 'getting in on the act' of kicking him in the guts. I think we can at least do that much guys. Forget what you've heard and read in these forums in the past, we are looking for genuine good OR bad feedback by direct buyers. As much as I'm not currently a big fan of his, we do need to be fair in our complaint dealings.

Edit - must have been typing when slateman posted. (Great minds think alike Slateman)

I was told that if got the funds across by the Wednesday I would have the enclosure on Friday as he was doing a trip down. It was raining on that Friday so he was unable to bring the enclosure down. Fair enough.

......but that was 7 weeks ago!

There has been communication since, but no sign of the enclosure arriving anytime soon.

Darryn advertised some thermostats for sale several months ago. I sent a PM asking to buy one. His reply was i could but his asking price was more than originally advertised (he edited his ad and increased the price a few mins after originally posting). In any case, i agreed to pay the higher price and had the money in his account within 30 mins of placing the order. After 2 weeks i hadn't recieved it so contacted Darryn to see what was going on. He told me that he didn't even have it in his possesion yet and he was waiting for someone to send it back to him. Another week later (approx.) it finally arrived. It wouldn't have been so bad if he had've told me it would be 3 weeks. I was under the impression it would arrive within a couple of days and i needed it quickly, so having to wait so long was very frustrating as was the distinct lack of communication .

6+ weeks and no enclosure and virtually no communication...

oh yeah, he has my money...

Same deal as MrB. PMed about a thermostat, paid that night. (to be fair at the original price unlike MrB)
After several weeks no thermo and no communication what so-ever, I emailed, was told that thermo's were ordered for another customer but they didn't want that model and he was waiting for them to send them back. After another week or two of getting the run around I received the thermo in working order.
Like MrB if there is going to be wait, at least let the customer know, an email only takes a few secs and saves grief later on. Also don't sell things that aren't in your possession yet.

Hi,

I purchased and fully paid for an enclosure in early march. After 6 weeks of not receiving any thing i asked for a refund as i was told the wait would only be 7 days.

It has now been nearly 12 weeks with no refund or enclosure. I have only been contacted when i have initiated it. It was over $400.

Thanks

I purchased an enclosure off Darryn a few months ago - I paid my money via Paypal into his account and he informed me that I would receive it within 7-10 days...

...nearly 6 weeks later after numerous phone calls and excuses I got my enclosure - well, my missus met him at the train station when he came down to Sydney to pick it up (unfortunately I did not see my 'delivery fee' again)...

I am reasonably happy with the enclosure although the vent was broken which he told my missus happened during transit and he would be sending down a replacement via ExpressPost - I have yet to see the replacement but must admit I am far happier with the quality of the vent I bought at Bunnings...I presumed mine was a one off incident and had actually planned on purchasing a 'Cube' in the not too distant future...I may re-think that for the time being...

...I am aware Darryn must have been in a terrible situation for the last few days, and I am sure everyone understands that, but unfortunately there is no excuse for the past two months worth of people failing to receive their items - I am in a similar boat to MrBredli in saying that I would have been perfectly happy with an accurate quote of time frame - if I have to wait 6 weeks, that's fine - I would just rather know that before the 5th week....

I started out as a customer and have become a friend and feel it is high time someone stood up for this very nice, decent person. Darryn's enclosures are better quality and a better price than any I've seen anywhere. He is always prepared to spend time with customers answering their questions and giving them advice - yes he is quite a talker. However, he has had to deal with some really unreasonable people who expect their enclosure to be built and delivered by yesterday when it is simply not possible. He has to go out and buy materials and items such as light fittings, get glass cut etc etc and then build the thing, wire in the fittings etc, then organise the freight company. There are heaps of delays that can happen normally, but darryn is really doing it tough - he has some really big family problems and he tries his best to do the right thing by people. As far as I can see the people who are criticising him are being grossly unfair and downright mean - give the poor guy a break - he really does deserve it.

Note from Administrator:

This post is posted from same household as Darryn's.
Administration feels that members should know that to avoid confusion.
We suspended frogus account because it was not approved by administration. Household wanting 2 accounts MUST approach admins first and be verified.

Frogus,

I think its highly unfair that you hide behind this ID. When you emailed in march off this ID becasue you had been banned from using your normal ID Auslizard for chit chat.

How dare you.

Frogus - I'm not sure if you have read the other thread that sparked this or not...I believe people are very understanding of delays, whether they be of a personal or business nature, all they are asking for is some notification though...If you quote somebody 7-10 days for delivery of a product then they have a right to be made aware of any issue that postpones that...THAT is fair...

I do not know Darryn very well but spoke to him a number of times during the purchase of my enclosure, my missus also met him when she picked up my enclosure from him - both of us formed the opinion that he was a very nice guy...unfortunately a nice personality doesn't always make someone the best person to do business with...

As I said Darryn and I are friends and he has answered pms from my account, how dare you make assumptions about someone's character when you know nothing about them.

I had started a Paypal dispute after non delivery of an enclosure. It was promised in 7-10 days (the advert actually stated "I have here", so the assumption was they were already made). I have enclosed a log of the dispute from the Paypal dispute resolution centre.
Admittedly I did get a refund but only after the activation of the dispute. I have really come to the conclusion that if you pick up an enclosure you receive far better service than having one delivered. I feel that if Darryn can't handle the delivery side it should not be an option! This is only the Paypal record, there were PM's & emails as well, but you get the idea.

Dispute log follows .... time line from bottom up:

A Refund was issued.
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

From Seller: Parker's land & lizard on 14/03/2007 15:12 ACDT
pixel.gif
Tell me what do I gain from lieing! I have been very busy and It does state that it can take up to 7/10 working days to make the enclosure. It was sent off Wednesday and I only found out today that you hadn't received it.
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

From Buyer: on 14/03/2007 11:55 ACDT
pixel.gif

Darryn, I'm afraid you only have yourself to blame mate! Three promises of delivery, three times not received! I did send you a PM and emails last week but you chose not to respond. It only seems now that your Paypal account is affected that you finally communicate. I would not have minded if you had not lied to me each time you promised delivery. I would rather know that you had a problem than telling me lies! To say the enclosure went out last week (similar to the previous 2 promises) why would you have received anything from me? How do I know you sent it out last week? I sure haven't received it! I guarantee I will certainly not be closing this dispute until the enclosure is here at my address as promised. It is a pity it has to come to this. If you would prefer, and I would prefer, just refund the $260, easy!
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

From Seller: Parker's land & lizard on 14/03/2007 09:05 ACDT
pixel.gif

Ray your enclosure was sent out on Wednesday of last week. I have not received anything from you telling me other wise. I will look into it today and let you know what's happening. If there is a problem I will replace the enclosure. But please call me next time before you open a dispute and tie my pay pal account up. Darryn
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

From Buyer: 13/03/2007 11:11 ACDT
pixel.gif

Payment on 24/2/07. Response from seller, "Cool thank you for buying from Parker's enclosures, sent via Allied express to your door". 24/2/07. Response from seller, "Thanks Ray payment received. Enclosure booked for Wednesday" (that is, 28th February). 1/3/07. After enquiry from me regarding delivery, response from seller, "it will be sent tomorrow". (that is Friday 2nd March). 7/3/07. After further enquiry from me regarding delivery, response from seller, "Yes it's going out today" (that is Wednesday 7th March). 11/3/07. Enquiry from me. No response from seller! Now due to lack of explanation of non delivery and no response I feel the seller has never had the intention, or is capable, of delivering the promised item. Refund of funds now the prefered option!

I dont believe I am doing this, after the hassling others gave me earlier about this whole incident, I am awaiting an enclosure too. But I believe in good faith that Darryn will come thru with the goods. Things out side our control happen, maybe Darryn could of called everyone involved and explained... but did he have everyones number or just email address?... I have never felt and still dont think that he wont deliver... Maybe things werent handled exactly right but we are all human and with that errors happen. I was surprised how many people jumped on the band wagon to condemn someone without the full facts.... As i stated earlier on another thread it is not our place to be judge and jury.... it is between the seller and buyers, they are they only ones who know the facts... and I am one of them...
Please no more badgering people who have a different opinion to yours, I only offered another aspect to the situation... to give people another point of view. Instead I was shot down about my ability to run a business... this is not what I thought this site was about... I thought it was in existence as an informative, learning aid where like minded people helped each other out. I am still a big fan of this site, because 99% of it is exactly that. I applaud the person/s who set it up...

I started out as a customer and have become a friend and feel it is high time someone stood up for this very nice, decent person. Darryn's enclosures are better quality and a better price than any I've seen anywhere. He is always prepared to spend time with customers answering their questions and giving them advice - yes he is quite a talker. However, he has had to deal with some really unreasonable people who expect their enclosure to be built and delivered by yesterday when it is simply not possible. He has to go out and buy materials and items such as light fittings, get glass cut etc etc and then build the thing, wire in the fittings etc, then organise the freight company. There are heaps of delays that can happen normally, but darryn is really doing it tough - he has some really big family problems and he tries his best to do the right thing by people. As far as I can see the people who are criticising him are being grossly unfair and downright mean - give the poor guy a break - he really does deserve it.

You missed the point... He has taken peoples money and NOT delivered the goods... He makes NO effort to contact his customers... He tells BLATANT LIES... I don't give a crap how nice he is, I don't give a crap what's happening in his personal life, all I ask is that when he says it'll be in the mail next week, I'm NOT STILL WAITING 5 WEEKS LATER...

If he has issues outside of his business, he has a moral obligation to either wind it down or notify his customers of the delays... He has a moral obligation NOT to take more orders he knows he cannot fill...

FFS, I would've been happy to wait if I was told at the start and I'm sure others feel the same way. Darryn could have avoided all of this by a simple phone call or email to his waiting customers... He clearly isn't doing it too tough to come on board and bump his goods so as far as I'm concerned, he is doing just fine and I want my enclosure... If it turns up in the same condition as the one spilota_variegata purchased, I'll return it personally... fuel only costs me $0.85/L at the moment so the drive isn't going to break the bank... NO, that's not a threat, it's simply me voicing my intention to either get what I paid for in the condition he advertises or get my $330 back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back