Parkers Enclosures/ auzlizardking feedback.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke (face to face) with Darryn on Saturday (while he was removing trees from his trailer and yard and trying to stop water destroying his business). He has had problems with people letting him down as well. I do hope people are not jumping on the bandwagon here. I am still quite happy to be buying from him.

Play nice people

Frogus,

I think its highly unfair that you hide behind this ID. When you emailed in march off this ID becasue you had been banned from using your normal ID Auslizard for chit chat.

How dare you.

Owned.....had to be said:lol:

On topic: is my brother going to get the enclosure that we organised with your mate? we are hoping so......

I still have a neutral oppinion of you as i havent fully dealt with you yet but lets see how it changes...

Last edited:
I spoke (face to face) with Darryn on Saturday (while he was removing trees from his trailer and yard and trying to stop water destroying his business). He has had problems with people letting him down as well. I do hope people are not jumping on the bandwagon here. I am still quite happy to be buying from him.

Play nice people

Exactly my point. You live in the same city. You can go around and pick up your enclosure. You can voice any complaint face to face. Living in another state makes it so much harder. I am not saying Darryn isn't a nice bloke, his business ethics may be a bit tainted. If delivery is causing him problems maybe he should withdraw that option then.

I agree to a certain extent with dradoncrab - I DO NOT believe Darryn is a complete crook, conman or thief as he is made out to be. I DO believe Darryns fault is in slackness, failure to communicate honestly regarding reasons for delays and maybe a bit of laziness (hey, I'm self employed and find it hard to motivate myself too). I do feel everyone will receive their goods, and I do feel it is Darryns intentions to deliver, eventually. Its just that he has a lot to learn about communication and running a successful business and customer service.

I'm really hoping Darryn will improve his way of doing business and his communication. I did build up a bit of a rapport with him before I had to resort to posting on here regarding getting a product, which was a real shame it had to end like it did. I feel APS is a brilliant opportunity for him to further himself, build up a client base, and get a reputation for good service and product. I'm hoping Darryn is reading this and realises what he needs to do to turn it around. I hope its not too late - it only needs a few excellent enclosures with excellent communication and customer service, to get back on his feet. I hate to see someone with such an opportunity completely stuff it.

Darryn, all eyes are on you. You know what you need to do. :)

My brother and I purchased some enclosures from Darryn a while back. We ordered 3 enclosures with specific requests in terms of the location of light fittings and the inclusion of locks. We also ordered a heap of rats from him.

After paying the full amount for the enclosures and rats via direct deposit, virtually straight away, we were told that he would have them finished and delivered in a weeks time. I thought that was amazingly quick and so we were pretty happy to think we might have them much earlier than we expected.

A week went by after which we called him and were told he had made the enclosures but had since had other orders made from people also in Sydney, and so wanted to make just one trip down here rather than two. We both thought that was fair enough.

Anyway around 6 weeks went by during which time we were given specific dates and times at which he would be delivering our order. We both took more than 2 days off work and university each in order to be at home when he was to "arrive". Those days went by with no sign of Darryn and without any pre-warning or communication that he might not make it, not even on the day. And it was us that had to call him and find out why he hadn’t made it and when the next "arrival date" would be. Usually he wouldn’t answer his phone and it usually took him a day or two to get back to us.

We were not hostile at all and were understanding of all the excuses he had (he had been unwell, had his brothers 21st the night before, had other orders etc). We realise now that we should not have been so understanding.

After around six weeks he finally came, at 11 at night when he had said he would be here at 3 in the afternoon.

The enclosures looked very nice, however the light fittings were on the opposite side of the enclosures to where we had asked them to be. And on closer inspection one of the enclosures had a crack in its back wall.

When we asked where the locks were he said you could get them from bunnings, which we did. He could have just said that we could get them ourselves from the beginning rather than letting us believe they were to be included.

We then asked where the rats were and he said that he had received a massive order since we had ordered ours (6 weeks ago) and so didnt have any for us... He said to PM him and he would get some sent to us soon.. Instead we PM'd him and asked that the money for the rats be transferred back to us so we could look elsewhere for them. We have not heard anything back on that one (its been more than a month).

Yes his enclosures are a great price and yes they are of fairly good quality, however his customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The days of work lost by both me and my brother, and the cost of the rats we never got, add up to a fair bit of money for which this purchase was definitely not deserving.

Sorry for the long-winded response but I think its important people know what to expect when dealing with this seller. I myself will be building my own enclosures from now on.

Cheers
Chris and Alex

Sending the wrong enclosures after 2 months might have been a mistake....
Packing them so they were damaged might have been an oversight....
Blaming me for the damage may have been words spoken in passion....
Telling people I threatened his partner might have been miscontrued information...
Darryn might be a good guy......
Not giving me my money back ....... IS THEFT

Darryn, if you want to PM me in order to resolve our issue, please feel free to do so. I'll even inform everyone of the outcome.

Slateman,
why delete my comments.
I am a current customer & not happy with his customer service with the ministat 300.
I paid for it 3 weeks ago & was promised it for the last 3 Fridays - ITS IN THE MAIL.
Then I was told that he would peronally deliver it - but I thought it was supposed to be
" in the mail " !!!!

Wow, unsure how I missed this.
I ordered an enclosure off Darryn about 3 months ago. I paid up front and I was told it would take 2-3 weeks. After 2 weeks I rang, was told it was finished and he could either deliver it to me or I could pick it up. I opted to pick it up, arrived there, met his family, had a good chat and picked up a great enclosure. I have nothing bad to say about darryn at all. I got great service and a lovely quality enclosure.

Cheers

Slateman,
why delete my comments.
I am a current customer & not happy with his customer service with the ministat 300.
I paid for it 3 weeks ago & was promised it for the last 3 Fridays - ITS IN THE MAIL.
Then I was told that he would peronally deliver it - but I thought it was supposed to be
" in the mail " !!!!

There was no way to know from your previous comment that you are customer.

Wow, unsure how I missed this.
I ordered an enclosure off Darryn about 3 months ago. I paid up front and I was told it would take 2-3 weeks. After 2 weeks I rang, was told it was finished and he could either deliver it to me or I could pick it up. I opted to pick it up, arrived there, met his family, had a good chat and picked up a great enclosure. I have nothing bad to say about darryn at all. I got great service and a lovely quality enclosure.

Cheers

I am sure you are correct - I truly believe that had I been in a position to pickup my enclosure I would have had it in 7-10 days as quoted...

My complaint, and the complaint of many others has been the very long process it has taken for delivery - I waited 6 weeks (which now seems quite common) and many others have waited much longer...If we had all been quoted this time frame (or at least been updated without having to make multiple phone calls to eventually get a reply) I am sure many would have been happy and this thread may not have been necessary...

What do i do now? Count my losses and purchase somewhere else? I can not beleive how far this has gone.

Logan and Allana, very good catch regarding Frogus (or should I say the ex Frogus:)). During my dealings with Auzlizardking, it became quite obvious to me that he and his alter ego were definitely different people. Whenever I was threatened with legal action, the standard of literacy stepped up several notches - Frogus had a remarkable grasp of the English language :) I remember a similar incident when I he first started his famous "What would you do" thread telling people he had been hard done by me :) A person logged on (a neonate) using an ID that was one of the usernames he had done business by. When I challenged that person, they stopped posting. The plot thickens :)

Also, thank you for deleting the Frogus account Mr. Administrator.

I recently ordered an enclosure from Darryn. He allowed me to pay a deposit and pay it off. The time to deliver was longer than expected as it was supposed to be sent and then there was a problem with the delivery dude. A lovely person from APS dropped it up here for me. After it was already posted. I might like to add the enclosure IS OF GOOD CRAFTSMENSHIP and i am very happy with it. It looks great. My daughter has another ordered and i hope to receive the same good service although sent when stated it was.

Slateman,
why delete my comments.
" in the mail " !!!!

Thermostat was hand delivered to my door this afternoon:lol:

i have dealt with darryn. i have received rats from him and mind u they are very good quality rats.

i will jump to his deffence although my rats did take sometime to arive. (over a month)

if u take in his situation i think everyone has some tall asks.

from what i know. which anyone is welcome to inform me otherwise if i am wrong.
- he has no 'workers' so all work is done by himself and himself alone.
- it is just himself and his wife managing quite allot if u ask me.
- the herp communtiy is growing quite rapidly and he does have a large demand to account for.
- if anyone was in this position i think that about 90% of u would fold and do half a job as Darryn does.
- he is a good bloke. he dosn't like giving out bad news yeh sure noone does and i'm sure he could afford to be a bit more upfront and honest but hes dealing with allot. a huge demand and obviously some angry pple.

remember people that he is only one man.

i take my hat off to what he has acheived and i understand that many have enclosures waiting, even for months, but give him a break. let him relax and i'm sure he will reply to maby one angry pm. for no dout he has received allot.

i actually knew about all 'these' posts on Darryn. so i sent him a nice pm. explaining that i kinda needed my as as i had run out. and i can understand how buisy he is. and i'm sorry if i was pushing the point. mind u i received my rats the next week packed full with a few extras.

put urself in his shoes. yeh u might have done things differently but maby u will see the damand this bloke has on him and how easily it is to get snowed under.
might i put in that Darryn is a 'sponser' and had donated numerous enclosure for a number of functions.
just take a step back for now maby... hopfully u will manage untill he gets bk on track.

i have never met him. but i truly beleive he is a decent bloke.
cheers
Martyn

All we ask is that he is upfront and honest. That has been his downfall for the most part, and even now after all this he still can't be honest and upfront (Frogus! :rolleyes:).

Martyn_Tann, the first thing Darryn must do to clear his reputation is right all of his wrongs. He just can't decide to make sure he sends things now in a timely manner. Saying he is a one man show is no excuse. I am a one man show at work and when things get hectic I knuckle down and work harder. I haven't had a lunch break for 8 years because I have work to do. If he needs to expand he needs to bit the bullet, register himself as a business and employ staff. As I said he needs to fix up EVERYTHING he has done wrong.

and i totaly agree. he should right his wrongs. and yeh all ur asking is honesty which is no big ask i'm just saying give him a bit of space and time to figgure this out himself. everyone does things in different ways. no matter how bizzar they might seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back