Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when i was a young lad they had a $1 and $2 notes.LOL!!!
Learnt about all the old school monies from my Grandad though.Can't remember to much of it.
And wattso maybe the infection was caused by something else as i went to the vet he treated for septisemia.
Got anti-biotics twicw daily,Water temp 26-29 deg.Was a fanatic about keeping it clean it was my centre piece in the lounge room.
There was a dominant male though he could be quite cruel sometimes.Anyho sh#t happens.

Lo, I remember them Rob, still got a few! Did the vet say how your snake might have got blood infection? They seem to be prone to it, ive heard of a few people whos snakes got blood infections, so Im curious as to common cause, as you say if it happened anyway despite keeping snake enclosure very clean. best of luck, hope he/she pulls thru.

No champ it was my turtle(emydura macquarii).(All the snakes are very healthy).
The turtles were in a tank with some baby oscars whom i thought were bitting the turtles causing an open flesh wound.
But since you said something about turts' fighting turts i thought about it and remember the larger male was quite cruel to his younger brother and would flog him up sometimes.
The little fella died some time ago now.
Have since sold the others and now have african cichlids.Not as smelly.Oned day i will set up an outdoor pond.

Hi Robert What cichlids do you have?
I am just getting back into them after a few years away.
I just purchased 1.4 Ophthalmotilapia Ventralis "Samazi"
(pick them up thurs).

Hey mystic, cichlids are great fish! I sold all my cichlids recently to make room for snakes, I had compressiceps(eye biters),protomelas (red empresses),moori's,sulphur crested lithobates(personal favourite!) electric blues and others.Not sure what a ''samazi'' is are they central or south americans perhaps?

Sorry Rob, mixing my threads lol....very tired today :D was thinking youhad the snake with constipation :oops:

Ventralis are African "Tanganyikan".
I am picking up 1.4 thursday that are F1.
Original parents were imports from St George aquariums.I have never kept these before so I am hoping to get a mouthful which I will strip and hopefully get a decent colony out of.

I used to keep Black calvus,gold compressiceps,neo multifasciatus,Ikola kaiser 2 tropheus,Dimi comps,E-blues,Greshakei & a few other species.

I will be chasing up some 6 bar & 7 bar fronnies...
Diff geographical variants of Altolamprologus Comps & Calvus...
And a few Furcifer fry once I set up a new fishroom...

Soungs great Mystic, Tanganyikans are nice and I imagine the offspring would be easy to sell. Problem is dealing with the aquariums who wont give out what you deserve for the offspring unless it's credit. A lot of cheapskates in the fish business, Snakes are good because seems you can sell the juveniles easilly enough without the middleman.

Hey Parko, doing exactly the same thing! Selling off my fishroom and converting to herps :) Down to one tank only now, mainly Tropheus species and other Tanganyikans :) Toying with the idea of keeping this colony but could do with the tank for water dragons, lol, decisions decisions :)

I hear you Afrik, hard to part with them but worth it if it means one more reptile enclosure I reckon! I'm of the personality where it's either one or the other, not both. Cichlids were great but snakes and lizards have been in my heart since I first started finding them in the bush on the oldies property as a youngin, so I think my fascination with reptiles runs deeper. All critters are great but snakes are greatest. :D

Yer sorry mystic been busy last couple of days.
Couldn't tell the scientific names of cichlids but own;Red Emporess,Taiwan reef,Yellow sulfur crested,Red ribbon,Red jewewls,Johannie(black fish),Electric blues and yellows,orange and blue blotch's, and 1 plecostumus.(think i spelt most of that right).Love em good entertain for the lounge room also very beautiful.All in one tank.

They are really little turts about the size of a penny and they never get any bigger

Ramsayi said:
They are really little turts about the size of a penny and they never get any bigger

my gott, another expert!! ur a goose

penne turtle may not be refering to the size? maybe the cost of it many moons ago in Britten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back