Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leardy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i was unable to attend the expo today so if you could upload all your pics that were taken at the expo today would be fantastic.
cheeers Leardy
ps dont rub it in to much on how good a day i missed out on lol

It wasn't as good as the castle hill expo, but it was better then last year.

These are the only photos I took.

218698EE-8327-4360-8450-1C412A4A4583-5997-0000083AA26FA712_zpse220eb0f.jpg

F307F50A-FC89-496A-B6FE-DB38E2F1659A-5997-0000083AA833FD56_zpsb3d85009.jpg

C4FDB5F3-378E-481D-BCF6-F540ACC3014A-5997-0000083AADDC0839_zpsa8b77ef8.jpg

I headed over and it was wonderful early in the morning but when I came back in my lunch break... Goodness me! I couldn't see a thing! I was quite keen on a number of animals but there were herds and herds of unattended children who obviously didn't know what "Excuse me" meant. I wound up not being able to purchase a single thing...

I took my good camera but as usual forgot to get pics. By the time I remembered it was way too crowded to even bother.

My new addition. I'll get some better pics when I get settled.

eWSbaaa.jpg

It wasn't as good as the castle hill expo,

I was thinking about going out, but with the horrible weather, thought it might be packed. Sounds like it was. Not to mention the hordes of unattended kids... Glad I made Castle Hill.

$3 for a can of coke!

They had male pygmy pythons for $400 for close to adults

Cammo had central netteds from $100 then 90 then last 2 for $150

Waterdragons were from $20

Green tree snakes for $300 for adults too

if only i had more cash

We got there around 10:30 and it was quite crowded already. I saw one stand selling woma hatchlings for $250 that I wanted. The knobbies were super cute.

We went to Panthers for cash and to think about what to buy and by the time we got back it was 12:00 and crowded as crazy.

Lol, the woma I wanted was purchased already so it narrowed down my chose to a gecko or coastal python. So I went for a 2 year carpet python instead. I named him Benjamin :)

I like Castle Hill better because it was better lit and more vendors. This place was kind of dark inside which was a little annoying. It had air conditioning though but pretty loud annoying music. Eventually we left because we both had headaches from the
loud vibrating music :)

also the lizards on display were 1 ackie 4 beardies and a blue tongue lol

and the jag sellers were a joke trying to unload sibs on people by talking them in clever circles.
this is how a convo i overheard went
Noob: what will these ones look like
seller: This jag is these ones mother
noob: oh so its going to end up this colourfully patterned
Seller: it was crossed to a jungle so it will have nice colours and would possibly look like the adult here you never know...

glad to see jag sellers are always so honest!

and is it just me or are 2-3 sellers at each expo not putting prices on things...

Last edited:
i was there. it was pretty good. not many people had beardies though. IT was packed at 1:00, and the guy who was playing music got about 50 little kids to scream every 5 seconds, it was very annoying. Snake ranch had so many snakes there!!

Here's one I got:

dLCsHo7.jpg

Here's my guy:

WzJLzB9.jpg

rp3FE04.jpg

Lots and lots of pythons, very small disappointing range of lizards. Would have loved to see more monitors and skinks, or even more dragons! More lizards in general! Haha.

I was there about 9:30 and it was already difficult to move around, I think the easiest solution to making this better is setting up a side table for transactions or those who want to stand and talk. Was frustrating waiting 5-10mins too see a particular reptile for some bloke to stop and start talking about irrelevant stuff blocking your way. Great to see a few morphs I have not seen before but a friend was disappointed about no albino blue tongues being there!

I'd still say it was worth the trip 100% but a few minor adjustments and it would have been much better. The best thing were some of the great deals (adult spotteds, children's and Stimsons for $150 ea at one stand)

Home Sweet Home ...my pick ups today....Albino Darwin and Het

8523814568_c86ab752d5_c.jpg

8522701217_68dec08ba4_c.jpg

Only went castle hill last year and Newcastle the yr before and IMO this was not as good as Necastle 2 yrs ago.....Very dark inside and badly set out...the Plus sides were a couple of sellers had there own good lighting.....Top End Pythons (very nicely done guys)...and Mark and Pias Reptiles was a Standout (my snakes were purchaced from them)...and SR your snakes r amazing as usual but u need to up the anti regarding the display (bias as i alredy have 4 of there snakes).......all in all not the greatest and really needs some input to make it better
Ta
Pete

Nice Pete. Mark produces quality animals.

I guess it was a good decision for me to pass this year, especially I'm into Dragons : )
Cool

Yeah from memory there were only a few bearded juvies, water dragon juvies and some central netted juvies. There was no coloured beardeds on display just a couple of what might have been hypos? I'm a snake guy but my friend was only there for lizards so after one lap was ready to go. In saying that for people not to far, its still worth it, there was a good selection of accessories.

Small pythons seem to have dominated this years expo, luckily i survived today without another pair, even though peter tried to convince me again!

Was a good day was tempted to buy more reptiles hahaha

Home Sweet Home ...my pick ups today....Albino Darwin and Het

8523814568_c86ab752d5_c.jpg

8522701217_68dec08ba4_c.jpg

Only went castle hill last year and Newcastle the yr before and IMO this was not as good as Necastle 2 yrs ago.....Very dark inside and badly set out...the Plus sides were a couple of sellers had there own good lighting.....Top End Pythons (very nicely done guys)...and Mark and Pias Reptiles was a Standout (my snakes were purchaced from them)...and SR your snakes r amazing as usual but u need to up the anti regarding the display (bias as i alredy have 4 of there snakes).......all in all not the greatest and really needs some input to make it better
Ta
Pete

Nice,
If Mark bred them, please keep me posted how they go.
Aleks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back