perenties

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:p Varanus gigantis the largests of the monitors in aus,also one of the rarest aswell.Price wise as ive only heard of them 4 sale never actually seen 4 sale i would expect they would be up round the $2000 a hatchie im only guessing.If you have that sought of money & the space that you will need to keep them i could maybe head you in the right direction.They are class 2 in nsw & generally people with them dont say they have them bit like the gtps,they grow to 1.6mtrs often seen over 2m. :p

on herpshop a while ago there was a guy selling hatchlings for $4000 but the price would probably vary from different people who are selling them.

They are by far my favourite lizard. They can be extremley aggressive when feeding. They are relatively slender compared to other large monitor species. They do best in large outdoor enclosures.

Also there was an article about them in the REPTILES magazine a few months ago

Keep them inside when it cools down in HUGE enclosures because they get cold very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back