Pet Crocs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way!

I'm going to set up a little croc santuary, where unwanted crocs can come and live in my yard and i'll give them big cuddles everyday....

and then i'll end up like that crazy lady who was eaten by the dozen rabid wild dogs she "rescued".

Hmmm. I want a croc so badly - so much respect for an animal that magnificent...

but i would never support the trade for animal skin... and before i get yelled at - no i don't wear leather. and even if i did - cows are stupid.

Mine is mine. Not the croc parks. I have no obligations and wouldn't do that. My guy is getting to big for his enc at the moment and I wasn't trying to think of ways to get a bigger enc, now I know someone who keeps heaps of crocs and has a granny flat in the backyard set up for them so I am thinking of passing him on his way, but not until I got another on the way. When i do own my own property and got the money tho, I will defidently be setting myself up for full gorwn crocs. At least one saltie and two freshies

that's fantastic punja - and it's good that you have a plan for him that doesn't involve some stupid wh***'s new shoes. i'm not cut out for country living - but i'm insanely jealous nonetheless.

Well, like most reptiles, not much is known, but roughly it is similar to humans, but your already 22.

Well when i'm on my death bed i'll let my 5m saltie go in the city and have a heart attack laughing at the mahem I have caused :). I will definately still get one or two one day.

on average 50 years ive heard so 50-60 sounds right.

Sweet. I'm only 21 so I might see mine out. The question is, do I really want to? He's part of the family now and selling him would be hard enough. Imagine if he died :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

on average 50 years ive heard so 50-60 sounds right.

Sounds about right in the wild but alot of the wild life expectancies give an average and doesn't count the outlieing really old fellas, and in captivity i would expect a bit longer. Didn't Eric just die at 60?

my two cents

I reckon they live as long as turtles
100+
but i dont really know so dnt quote me:)

There are a few people who think they could live as long as 100 years, and a few individuals probably do as with humans, but on avarage it would probably be less.

i believe average is about 60 - 70.....

and to answer the questions on page 1, you can only keep crocks in VIC, SA and NT

Woohoo! i was right! lol

It is clear that stories of crocodiles living hundreds of years are simply untrue, yet there is reasonable evidence that medium to large species are capable of attaining at least 60 to 70 years when disease, starvation and predation have been avoided.

In Vic there is no restriction on size, the DPI and Animal Welfare have restrictions on the size of the enclosure, that will stop most people having them in their backyard. Apart from that you can keep any croc to any size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back