Pet Crocs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this friend of mine has a large indoor outdoor enclosure for her saltie thats about 1.8 or 1.9, heated pool indoor for winter and an outdoor area for summer, has a doggie door for the croc to go in and out as it pleases, really good set up, cost quiet a bit to build though, im planning on setting one similar up when my saltie gets a around a metre or so

when i get older im soooooo moving to vic! i soooo want a croc cause they look so cute and it would be fun feedin them lol

it is snakeaholic just dont make the same mistake i made and teach the croc to jump or death roll

does any one live in qld how knows what typ of lisence u have to have a croc please send me a pm
thank people

Hi all,

I have an 10 yr old Freshie.

He is kept indoors here.

I have a demonstrator permit in qld and conduct shows, educational displays as well as courses.

The permit system for demonstrators in qld is extensive with references to your ability, show outlines, inspections on housing and competance etc.

They are difficult to keep properly, alot of work and very strong, they are easily stressed and can be dangerous to keep.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

Speaking to DSE in VIC, there is a recomendation for crocs over 2m to be reviewed on a case by case basis, however this is conducted by the DPI animal welfare department and is to ensure that the enclosure size is appropriate and that the animal is secure, being well maintained and does not pose a danger to others.

There is room to apply for them in NSW demonstrators permits, however again like QLD there are very strict regulations.

Speaking to DSE in VIC, there is a recomendation for crocs over 2m to be reviewed on a case by case basis, however this is conducted by the DPI animal welfare department and is to ensure that the enclosure size is appropriate and that the animal is secure, being well maintained and does not pose a danger to others.

There is room to apply for them in NSW demonstrators permits, however again like QLD there are very strict regulations.
very similar in the NT saltwater crocodiles over 60cm must have their enclosure inspected by a npws officer.
really tho if your enclosure is not up to scratch you should not have one anyway.

In the NT if you want a croc for life. The rules here are: If you live in a rural area you can build an enclosure but it must be inspected by the authorities and be approved. Then all you need to do is buy the croc from crocadylus park (you will be saving it from slaughter) and thats it. Remember HIgh fences for places that can flood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back