Pet Rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ok. She's got light red eyes. My boy has eyes like that though. they look nearly black from a distance but they have a rich red colour to them.

Hey Hetty it's CR from the forums :)

Just wondering if you'd consider studding out one of your males?

Another line I'm working on-
rats125.jpg

what happend to these babies

they look awsome how much for a female?

Those last two are gorgeous! If you ever travelled to Victoria I think you would have a few interested buyers Hetty! I would be one of them....
With the boys fighting (a few pages back), they are social but after being with girls they are not quite as social with other boys. If the male which was mated was separated from the girls for a bit longer, he may be more willing to go back with the other boys, maybe in a neutral cage?
Anyways, Keep the pics coming! My favorite pet rat was a black berkshire. He was the most docile friendly rat I ever met. And when I took him to be euthanised (damn CRD), he chewed out of his box and crawled over to my lap :-(

Kim

Wow, old thread!

The guy with the blaze grew up but unfortunately died at around 5-6 months-
meow023.jpg

I've got his kids, here's one-
wedgie.jpg

And his grandkids now-
Mugcake.jpg

yes rats are cool and the one of the best pets.just watch that the two males don't fight.
watch how you handle them as they will turn and bite (that hurts)blood everywere.
My last rat dies last year so no more now. he was the best

Hey Hetty, IM a NOOB, but owell, just wondering if you sell live rats at all? I am looking for wedge blazes in any other colour that black :)
Cheers,
Sparklie

Gees, this is an old thread. Until you find one, here's a pic of my wedgie boy Hector!

DSC_0026-3.jpg

What a thread! Loving the pics! some of your ratties are simply stunning!! I live in WA so I have only just got hold of my first blazed rat, she is single rex & very pretty black & white hooded - more capped she has broken white under her chin & a few small spots on her back & her belly. I Bred her to a healthy black & white hooded male & she has just had a litter of about 12 bubs & from the looks of it ive got about 3-4 bubs in there with stripes on there head. There is a few plain whites not sure of eye colour yet. Then a few more b+w hoodeds & a couple of berkshire/selfs... they are only a few days old so im going to get pics in a few days when there abit older. Im so excited. I love my pet rats.
I couldnt grow feeders but we only have a baby stimmy atm so his upkeep isnt that expensive......

will post pics soon............... anyone from perth here that has rats??

Awwww! Baby blazes. I love it when their marking start to come in, very exciting time :)

Bless their hearts, very cute pic!

As they are both hooded, all babies will also be hoodeds. The only exceptions to that are albino (they appear self but the albino is really masking whatever pattern/colour is underneath) and black eyed white, which is an overmarking of white so although it looks self, technically it isn't!

Maybe you have some cute little BEWs!

rats are sooo cute!
i got to play with some on sunday and i almost took them home as pets! :)

we have 8 pet rats, 6 females and 2 males.
These are just for pets. But we also have 30 babies with 2 more litters due soon which are for the snakes.
We have black and white berkshires,dove hooded,dove selfs,ginger selfs,champagne hooded,black and white hooded and agoutis.
Its gong to be hard feeding them out :(

It's hard to breed wedge blazed rats unfortunately. Even if you breed two perfect wedges together you still may only get headspots. It's a real bugger! I bred Hector myself, there is someone on petlink that has been advertising wedge blazed rats. No idea if they are anywhere near you though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back