Pet Rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to breed wedge blazed rats unfortunately. Even if you breed two perfect wedges together you still may only get headspots. It's a real bugger! I bred Hector myself, there is someone on petlink that has been advertising wedge blazed rats. No idea if they are anywhere near you though?
Ah yes unfortunetley i know that rule, it is a shame as they are so incredibly pretty to me.
What about that ad on petlink? I havent seen one. Do you have a link? It would be much appreciated. I live in VIC BTW, but i will pay for freight if anyone has one out of state. I'll even take lightning blazes in AOC apart from black and agouti.

I had a look for you, but the ad has been removed unfortunately. A friend of mine is breeding a wedge blazed agouti hooded to a headpspotted champagne hooded rex downunder. Hopefully she will have some blazes. Not sure if she is freighting interstate but I can ask if you like.

:)

do many people get albino rats.
i have stacks of rats as i breed them for the snakes. and one litter, the mum is black and white, and the dad is sorta a grey colour, in the last litter they had about 16 babies, and 3 were pure white with bright red eyes. and now 4 weeks later they are still pure white with beautiful red eyes. is that normal for colour rats the have albinos. cheers
mel

Albino is recessive, so both parents carry it. Yep, its a common gene. If you breed the albinos together, the whole litter will be albino.

do many people get albino rats.
i have stacks of rats as i breed them for the snakes. and one litter, the mum is black and white, and the dad is sorta a grey colour, in the last litter they had about 16 babies, and 3 were pure white with bright red eyes. and now 4 weeks later they are still pure white with beautiful red eyes. is that normal for colour rats the have albinos. cheers
mel
dosent matter what colour your breeders are, they must both carry the albino gene to produce albino babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back