petition to stop live animal skinning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that video is horrific , but this is happening in australia to some extent on slaughter floors accross australia ive worked on one floor in the past . where they have to kill a cow every 30 seconds so there is no gap in the chain . one day a rep from maccers came in to check on the whole humainly killed thing and see what was ame as going on . as maccers say they will only buy humainly killed animals . i can tell you there was that many gaps in the chain when they had to do it properly for a hour gaps up to 6 minutes, there was gaps in the chain after nearly everyone . . ive seen cows getting skinned by a hide puller still mooing . . cows stabbed in the eyes going up the race . my point is it happens in australia , what do you do if you want to eat and you need a job ?

Yes it does happen in Australia - in every counrty of the world! but that doesnt say it is right. We at least try to have animal rights in australia, things may still slip through the net but at least there is a net there! We wont ever stop it - the same as we wont stop killing each other. Personaly if people are doing it here in our counrty and know better then they are scum!! because there is always another job or even the doll is better! if they dont have the workers they dont have production! Just imagine if the got rid of animal rights here and said that its okay to do what you want - god what a horrid place it would turn in to
I like the fact that if I see someone doing something wrong to an animal I can call the RSPCA and have something done about it!

is everyone angry because they cruelly killed the cats and dogs or is it because they are killing cats and dogs. there is nothing wrong with killing a cat or dog, its the same as us killing cows and chickens and sheep and kangaroos for food.

They can kill what they want so long as it is as humain as possable and is not nearly extinct

RYAN, its more than that mate!!! its in the way they do it . if it was me and the animal had to be killed i would shoot it in the head first . not just start skinning it alive . that messes up your head seeing that stuff . for them to do that sort of stuff daily they would have to be twisted . . :evil:

Yes it does happen in Australia - in every counrty of the world! but that doesnt say it is right. We at least try to have animal rights in australia, things may still slip through the net but at least there is a net there! We wont ever stop it - the same as we wont stop killing each other. Personaly if people are doing it here in our counrty and know better then they are scum!! because there is always another job or even the doll is better! if they dont have the workers they dont have production! Just imagine if the got rid of animal rights here and said that its okay to do what you want - god what a horrid place it would turn in to
I like the fact that if I see someone doing something wrong to an animal I can call the RSPCA and have something done about it!

so what you think im scum ?, and i would of been better off on the dole . im trying to pay off a house . and i want to work . i think dole bludgers are scum . ok ive just told you what is going on in australia . so if you go to maccers or any takeaway shop , butcher ever again you know whats going on now ,and if you do your just as bad, you are supporting the trade! so i hope you like your vegies!!!!!!

signed it, totally agree with all here..........................
but we still legally allow halal slaughtering of domestic livestock??????
Please do not compare the halal process to what you see in this video.
The priest who is in charge of the halal kill, as well as the rabbi who does the kosher kill generally these very religious men have the utmost respect for animals and try to make the kill as quick and painless as possible.
I have worked in many different abbatoirs for many years and the cruelty ive witnessed is perpetrated by western style slaughterers and gut runners ect only

The priest who is in charge of the halal kill, as well as the rabbi who does the kosher kill generally these very religious men have the utmost respect for animals and try to make the kill as quick and painless as possible.
I have worked in many different abbatoirs for many years and the cruelty ive witnessed is perpetrated by western style slaughterers and gut runners ect only

Agreed with sssnakeman...
Thank you for voicing out...

You're not serious are you? This bit is a joke right? :?

No joke, I am deadly bloody serious, why not?

You can sign all the petitions you like, post all the posts you like saying how disgusted you are. Make a stand, do something different, imagine if everyone did this, you would make a huge difference. But for me personally, I can't condone that kind of cruel, uneccasary behaviour, if you can, good for you.

It's got nothing to do with being high and mighty and living the good life. The Aborigines survived in this country for thousands of years with respect for nature and all it provided them, not like these cruel filthy things.

Well said ssssnakeman.

There's nothing cruel about having a religious leader present.

Per

I would think that 99% of Chinese restaurants in Australia would be owned by Australians who happen to have been born in China. Punishing them for what is happening in the country of their birth makes no sense at all.

OK, your criticise my propostition to this problem, now give me a valid and effective alternative. Criticism means nothing without a valid alternative or suggestion. Anyone can criticise.

I agree! Inshallah.

when they do halal slaughter in australia it is a hell of alot more humain ,then without the mozzie .but how come what i dont get is when it is done in there own moslem countrys it is the opposite ? they treat there cattle bad going into slaughter, they cut there tendons on there anklers going up the race stab their eyes and legs and that withs there knives . ive seen the vids . whats the go with that?

i only know what ive seen with my own eyes, and here in victoria, at least, they dont cut tendons or stab eyes..
Have you seen how the lamb and beef are treated by our own western slaughterers?

I have no problem with killing an animal, the issue here weither religious or not is the video footage is horrible, I would have been a lot happier to see the guy in the video cut the animals throat instead of banging its head against the ground and then skinning it while it was going in and out of shock.

i only know what ive seen with my own eyes, and here in victoria, at least, they dont cut tendons or stab eyes..
Have you seen how the lamb and beef are treated by our own western slaughterers?

yeh man im with you mate 100% done the slaughter floor for 6 years messed me up real bad , got a transfer to the boning room done that for 6 years . i can tell you i wished i stuck to being a pastry cook . but the boning room pays $1300 a week and i got a house to pay off . and my town has know other work and im not one for the dole ! so what do you do?

Signed.
Personally, I refuse to eat Chinese food or at a Chinese restaurant ever again in my life because of their disgusting lack of animal rights.

Well if you feel that stong about China and it people, shouldn't you go all the way and boycot everything made in China?...Good luck being naked..

It's funny when walking the dog (boxer) or doing a herp display, the Asian people cant get further away from us and squirm at the sight of them...But if they were cut into chunks topped with sweet n' sour sauce and served with rice, they couldn't get close enough and hook right in..

Vegos reading this thread must be grinning away... :D

signed. ive seen thing's like this before. but its a very widespread problem. then you also have the horrible treatment of dog's in the Middle east for example being stoned to death for offending it's owner which is due to religious belief's as far as i know. So stopping all cruelty may be quite difficult in a lot of countries unfortunately:(

anyway before we have a winge about what everyone else is doing why dont we deal with our problems first, animals are tortured all the time here, its not just happening over there. once the problems are solved here maybe then you can worry about what happens there, it isnt really any of our business anyway, they have different beliefs/religions/cultures and you arnt gonna be able to change them that is how they have been for a long time

No joke, I am deadly bloody serious, why not?

You can sign all the petitions you like, post all the posts you like saying how disgusted you are. Make a stand, do something different, imagine if everyone did this, you would make a huge difference. But for me personally, I can't condone that kind of cruel, uneccasary behaviour, if you can, good for you.

It's got nothing to do with being high and mighty and living the good life. The Aborigines survived in this country for thousands of years with respect for nature and all it provided them, not like these cruel filthy things.

I'm not sure how boycotting an Australian business run by Australian residents (or quite possibly Aussie citizens) will teach the perpretators of these acts a lesson? I don't understand how by eating Kylie Kwong's food, the Chinese Government will be encouraged to change their actions. :lol: What about cooking fried rice or stir-fry at home? Is that out too??? :rolleyes:

Boycotting Chinese-made products is a good move - it will affect industry and encourage people to take notice. It is a really effective form of protest and I fully support it. However you are really missing the point by suggesting that people stop purchasing anything that is culturally Chinese.

And your last comment is disgusting, ignorant, racist and offensive. It reflects far more on you than on the culture you are insulting.

NB anyone who criticises various cultures for eating dog/snake etc, note that Hindus would consider us disgusting for eating beef, Muslims and Jews would be appaled at our consumption of pork and Buddhists would think we were cruel and barbaric for eating meat of any kind!

so what you think im scum ?, and i would of been better off on the dole . im trying to pay off a house . and i want to work . i think dole bludgers are scum . ok ive just told you what is going on in australia . so if you go to maccers or any takeaway shop , butcher ever again you know whats going on now ,and if you do your just as bad, you are supporting the trade! so i hope you like your vegies!!!!!!
you said it not me!!, Im paying of a house and their is no way I would stoop to that level! and my diet is mainly veg, fruit and nuts! the chicken I have I know how it is killed! I dont eat maccas(crappy food and bad for you!). The people over there are just trying to make money but what they do is unexceptable as it is here they just have more of an excuse than we do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back