petition to stop live animal skinning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to apologise Nat, you have made a lot of people aware of an appauling situation, thats half the battle. I dont know how you win the battle but censoring information certainly wont do it. Boycotting chinese food I dont think has the animal skinners running for the hills either. More likely it will be someone out there seeing the video, whos uncle Mort from America happens to own a toy company that buys millions worth of toys made with this stuff from the Chinese, and because his little neice calls him in tears after seeing it, he cancels his orders or even better, demands they stop what they are doing. Then you would have a chance to stop it.
Companies like Microsoft have gone into China and demanded better conditions for the workers in their suppliers factories, or made them operate in a more enviromentaly friendly way or whatever, even though it has raised their costs and eventually made their products more expensive.
The chinese government rely upon censorship to control the people, they know just what the government want them to know, and the internet is a big threat to them because people are learning stuff never before possible. The internet over there is censored but not real well, I think its just too big now to stop it all. So seeing stuff like that video, whilst it is hard to watch, is important so that change can occur.
Respect, Steve.

Yes, it's cruel, yes it's barbaric, but have we looked in our own backyard first?
Australia has one of the highest extinction rates in the world. Granted we might not kill them the ways depicted in the video, but we are still killing them and they don't neccesarly die and quick death either.A life is a life.

Interesting to see that some of the people that posted in this thread saying how cruel it is offered some pretty cruel suggestions for killing cane toads in another thread.

(not having a dig at anyone, just thinking out loud. :) )

There was more than enough warning saying NOT to watch the video. I didn't watch it but I did sign the petition and I then forwarded the link on to everyone I know to sign the petition a well. I sent it to friends in Melbourne, Adelaide, Northern Territory just about everyone I know. I can only hope that something is done. One day.
If this isn't the public forum to distribute information like this, then where exactly is?
It is confronting.
It is gruesome.
It isn't going to change unless many many people take a stand.
Thank you Nat.

i think this is a good place to post it.
Do all of you care about animals
even tho the video is of a dog or somthing (i dident watch it) any1 ever seen a snake skin walet???

My sister got a pair of snake skin shoes and i was horrified! - angry and spent many hours telling her how wrong it was, she now will never buy anything like that again!, so many people are ignorant to what is happening(in Australia as well as other countries). I wish it could all be fixed quick and simple but the reality is that it may never change and things may infact get worse but like I have said all along one small thing is better than putting it in the too hard basket - getting an RSPCA animal rather than buying one - buying free range eggs - getting australian made and owned products - rescuing at least one animal a year(more if your able) - donations to welfare organisations - and one of the biggest I can think of is try to change the oppinion of at least 1 person a week on animals(snake haters etc).

The Type A personality can be hard to endure. They are often impatient, hostile, aggressive, constantly worrying about time, workaholics, perfectionists, demanding button pushers. They tend to thrive off of stress and are driven to set deadlines for themselves.

It has been said by psychologists that Type A personalities often suffer from low self-esteem which is considered to be the root of the problem.

Type A personalities being the button pushers that they are, tend to feel as if other people are against them. They feel an overwhelming desire to defend whatever it is that needs defending.

Because Type A personalities need things to be done a certain way they are very good at paying close attention to detail. They are often able to spot what they perceive to be as a weakness and use that to their full advantage. They know exactly what part of a person to pick at until they achieve browbeating someone into submission.

The Type A personality will use a variety of techniques to push your buttons. Here's how you can tell if you are a button pusher.

Use Sarcasm. Do you find you that when you need to get your point across to someone who isn't convinced of what you are saying, your tone of voice drips with sarcasm so the other person feels as if they are wrong or their opinion isn't worthwhile? If so then you could very well be someone who likes to push buttons.

Taunting Others. Are you someone who feels the need to taunt others into debating with you on silly, pretentious, petty topics? Do you feel you have nothing to say unless it's about something other people are offended by? Taunting or goading others into an argument is a sure sign of being a Type A button pusher.

I can spot several in this thread.

I recon this is REALY WRONG and the people who do this diserves the death scentence, Or they should be skinned alive

I also found this on Wikipedia relating to the "raccoon dogs". Cats/Dogs/Raccoon Dogs, Snakes/Lizards....it wouldn't matter what the animal, it is still horrifying. I will never even buy "faux fur" ever again on my childrens clothing no matter how fashionable!!!!!

Use for fur

An investigation by three animal protection groups into the Chinese fur trade in 2004 and part of 2005 asserts that approximately 1.5 million raccoon dogs are being raised for fur in China.[8] The Raccoon Dog comprises 11% of all animals hunted in Japan.[9] Twenty percent of domestically produced fur in Russia is from the Raccoon Dog.[10]
In late 2006, MSNBC reported that Macy's had pulled from its shelves and its Web site two styles of Sean John hooded jackets, originally advertised as featuring faux fur, after an investigation by the nation's largest animal protection organization concluded that the garments were actually made from raccoon dog.[11] Combs said he had been unaware of the material, but as soon as he knew about it, he had his clothing line stop using the material.
On April 24, 2008, The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) filed a false advertising complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission alleging that at least 20 retailers in the US have been mislabeling Raccoon Dog fur. According to HSUS, 70% of fur garments they tested were Raccoon Dog but were mislabeled as faux fur, coyote, rabbit or other animals.[12]

damn thats vids nasty,they really go out of there way to make sure those critters suffer

Being that we are omnivores I don't mind that we kill animals....but being that we have the technology/ability to kill them quickly (as opposed to the days years ago when for the big game spear them twenty times until they die. Excluding the instances where it would be an instant kill...) why not? I know that here in the US and eveywhere in the world this happens where we choose not to kill quickly but our point is coming across, such as the air compressed bullets to the head. It instantly kills and its air no waste of bullets(so its cheaper for all of those slaughter house people who say its to expensive to kill humanely) Anyway I will watch out for fur and not buy it if its from china or anywhere really, was never a fur wearer.....Anyway we can't get rid of all the bad stuff in our backyards no matter how hard you try. It goes for everything murder drugs stealing. But the point is that its illegal and you can get in big trouble for it. If we can get that across to china then thats all we can hope for. We are by far an imperfect species. So yes our backyards will always need cleaning but chinas backyard needs a team of landscapers!! (its never been touched)

The Type A personality can be hard to endure. They are often impatient, hostile, aggressive, constantly worrying about time, workaholics, perfectionists, demanding button pushers. They tend to thrive off of stress and are driven to set deadlines for themselves.

It has been said by psychologists that Type A personalities often suffer from low self-esteem which is considered to be the root of the problem.

Type A personalities being the button pushers that they are, tend to feel as if other people are against them. They feel an overwhelming desire to defend whatever it is that needs defending.

Because Type A personalities need things to be done a certain way they are very good at paying close attention to detail. They are often able to spot what they perceive to be as a weakness and use that to their full advantage. They know exactly what part of a person to pick at until they achieve browbeating someone into submission.

The Type A personality will use a variety of techniques to push your buttons. Here's how you can tell if you are a button pusher.

Use Sarcasm. Do you find you that when you need to get your point across to someone who isn't convinced of what you are saying, your tone of voice drips with sarcasm so the other person feels as if they are wrong or their opinion isn't worthwhile? If so then you could very well be someone who likes to push buttons.

Taunting Others. Are you someone who feels the need to taunt others into debating with you on silly, pretentious, petty topics? Do you feel you have nothing to say unless it's about something other people are offended by? Taunting or goading others into an argument is a sure sign of being a Type A button pusher.

I can spot several in this thread.

I think that describes nearly all of human kind! very insitive and a good think for us all - it would explain why the world always runs on a scedual
Just remember people who live in glass houses should never throw stones
Thanks for the insite :D

I dont know what to say,..!

I couldnt watch all of the video, but what I watched I will never forget!!.
I watched a little bit of the clip earlier today and have not been able to get the images out of my head ever since. the worst I have ever seen!
Those poor innocent animals!, . :cry:
I am shocked that this treatment is allowed,. what is wrong with some people!!!???

I am disgusted! & scarred for life!:shock:

I mean I obviously knew fur was used for clothes & accessories etc which is bad enough, but I had no idea that was how it was done!,. it needs to be stopped,. but unfortunately it never will.

I Never have & never ever will own anything made from any dead animal!!!

if you are tossing up on watching the video but cant decide, I dont recommend watching it, I cried before I even watched it just from looking at the front page , so I dont know why I bothered watching it,. I havnt cried for a while, but even the thought of it makes me feel like tearing up again.

Obviously I have signed the petition , & I have searched for this on good old facebook & joined the group & sent it to my facebook friends,.. not that it will prob stop this crap from happening, but it is worth a try..

TOTAL HEARTLESS SCUM OF THE EARTH:evil::evil:!.. thats all I can say without earninng myself another suspension !!;)

think i saw the video a while back, not going to see if it's the same one.. couldn't watch the whole thing, it was THE WORST thing i had seen.
don't understand people.
signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back