Pets being eaten

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steppo94

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone out there has come home to find their one of pets have been eaten by one of their snakes that may have got out. Please share
Cheers

Most keepers with animals big enough and serious enough would surely have the brains to keep them VERY secure.
And possibly go to extra efforts to keep small animals WELL away from their pythons.

I would be very interested to hear some stories though!

nah....but my neighbour`s dog was taken by a wild coastal a couple of years ago. Also, came across a scrubby who tried to eat an Ibis once just at my friends place. It did not go down well as the Ibis`s beak burst mr. scrubby`s belly. The last one was in the local paper

My cat and coastal had a close encounter at one stage. Most the time the cat is way to scared to venture into the Herp Room and stays away but one night he was feeling a bit rully and walked when i had my 6ft coastal out. Nearly had an accident.

Given the number of people on this site who own power breeds (rotties, staffies, pit bulls, mastiffs, etc), snake is more likely to be eaten. No issues in our house because enclosures are secure and dogs are much bigger than snakes.

I received a FAWNA call out to get a little python out of a bird cage after it ate a lady's canary. The little python got in the cage ok but couldn't get back out after swallowing the canary. I was very surprised that the lady was not holding any bad feelings about the baby snake, and we were all very surprised to find such a big gut on such a little snake...haha. Poor little thing. I took him home and provided him with heat until he digested the bird, and then took him back and let him go.

Not my own snakes ..but mother natures snakes have eaten a few pet birds of mine over the years ..so I HAVE GIVEN UP ON OWNING BIRDS;)

I received a FAWNA call out to get a little python out of a bird cage after it ate a lady's canary. The little python got in the cage ok but couldn't get back out after swallowing the canary. I was very surprised that the lady was not holding any bad feelings about the baby snake, and we were all very surprised to find such a big gut on such a little snake...haha. Poor little thing. I took him home and provided him with heat until he digested the bird, and then took him back and let him go.

You would be surprised how many times I heard this kind of thing happen when I was working in pet shops... Luckily, most people were happy to release the snake and buy a new bird! There are nice people in this world!!

would probs never come accross this problem as my dog will not be in the same room as one of my reptiles :) he is scared of the snake so badly hahhaha as soon as he sees the snake out he runs for the hills. Just a question though would a adult bredli be able to grab a small dog (jack russell) and eat it? hahhhahaha im just a tad worried for my dog in the future, as the dog is affraid of the python, but the python is most interested in the dog :)

He'd probably try. Wouldn't be nice for the little dog to be constricted to death just to be spat out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back