Phlogius sp "Eunice" pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Pics from rehousing juvies last night.

eunice1.jpg

eunice2.jpg

eunice3.jpg

eunice4.jpg

Nice hornet! Off topic a bit but, Can you tell me the sc. name for a Flinders Ranges scorp?

That is Urodacus elongatus Gotta get my hands on some oneday.

Thanks hornet, i did google and some came up as desert scorps etc I got a bit confused. I'm not up on anything scorpion but I bought hubby one for Fathers Day as he is keen on them, so I was trying to do a bit of research. Cheers.
What's the common name for these spiders above?

no real common name, these were all lumped under Selenocosmia crassipes at one stage and that has the common name is the whistling spider i believe. Apart from that they are all just called tarantula's or bird eating spiders.

Ta, hubby wants some of these too, he likes my pythons but not as keen as I am, although he has always had a facination with bugs!!

over the last week i have had about 10-15 slings moult so its an exciting time. Wont be long and there will be thousands of slings for sale.

Urgh... I can't even look at those pics without shivers going down my spine... My boyfriend finds it amusing that I hate spiders so much and won't go near the bird eatting spiders in the pet stores!

Phlogius sp Sarina

They have a 30mm leg span but are growing fast, there is a good pic of the adults on The Green Scorpian Web Site.

The are Stunning Adults

i'm more into the selenotypus species but the phlogius and selenocosmia are growing on me from species such as vulpina and pq113

selenocosmia vulpina, quite a rare species, very stocky

Hornet, what are you using as substrate for your Eunice slings? I was thinking of changing from sphagnum moss (supplied by the guy i got them off) to something like cocopeat.

Selenocosmia vulpina Hogg 1901 is in fact S. crassipes
gets very confusing!!

yes it was changed back to crassipes for some reason but it is a distinct species and should be put back to species level soon.

Hornet, what are you using as substrate for your Eunice slings? I was thinking of changing from sphagnum moss (supplied by the guy i got them off) to something like cocopeat.

i only have 1 sling left on spagnum as i found mould was growing alot more than on coco peat so thats all i'm using from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back