Phobias

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanoidea

Reaction score
Talking about phobias today with some friends and thought it would make interesting conversation here. :D Feel free to post what you are afraid of, no judging! Personally I have a fear of jellyfish and the open ocean. :shock:

I am really afraid of cockroaches, not any other bugs or creepy crawlies, just them. I also have a really weird phobia (remembering no judging here) I can't have or have anyone else that is near me, wear socks in bed.. I don't know why, it just freaks me out and makes me really anxious, I hate them!

Interesting, never heard that one before. Everyone is different. :p

Not a phobia of mine, but I can sympathise with socks in bed, it's just skeevy and gross!
That said, I drive my partner mental because I can't have my feet uncovered while I sleep. I curl the doona around them, and coz he's so much taller than me, his feet are uncovered pretty much from the shins down.
I also have an irrational fear of camels, pelicans and emus. Not a paralysing fear or anything, it's more of an intense hatred, if one came too close to me I'd punch it repeatedly until it went away.
The wierdest one I've got though is a phobia of having my shoes fall off while on a rollercoaster. I practically cut off the circulation to my feet by tying my shoe laces super tight everytime I go on one.

I've already talked about mine on here. I have quite a big phobia of clowns. I'm also slightly scared of dolls.

Not a phobia of mine, but I can sympathise with socks in bed, it's just skeevy and gross!
That said, I drive my partner mental because I can't have my feet uncovered while I sleep. I curl the doona around them, and coz he's so much taller than me, his feet are uncovered pretty much from the shins down.
I also have an irrational fear of camels, pelicans and emus. Not a paralysing fear or anything, it's more of an intense hatred, if one came too close to me I'd punch it repeatedly until it went away.
The wierdest one I've got though is a phobia of having my shoes fall off while on a rollercoaster. I practically cut off the circulation to my feet by tying my shoe laces super tight everytime I go on one.

I can relate to not having feet uncovered when sleeping..or any body part of mine to be honest. :shock: As a young kid I slept with my entire body, head and all, underneath a blanket, and it's a habit I can't break even now that I'm 17.

Walking into an orb spider web at night (I know they are harmless, but the thought a big spider somewhere on me that I can't see in the dark creeps me out).

Not keen on walking about outside barefooted or without boots on at night time either - especially in places where I know there some trap door spider holes.

Last edited:
Thunderstorms - ever since I was a little kid and we were caught in a cyclone in a caravan.

Thunderstorms - ever since I was a little kid and we were caught in a cyclone in a caravan.
That would have been scary indeed. I've experienced a category 5 and the continous thunder and lightning and sound of the wind was unbelieveable.
Being cut off because the power , TV , radio and phones are down and being trapped in a house and not knowing what's happening or what could happen was very scary,it would be worse for a little kid.

Add salt water crocs, especially big one who might be lurking invisibly under the muddy water near the creek or river bank, those beasts scare the heck out me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Needles, but snake bites dont worry me. It is the only thing I am scared of.

I find a few things creepy - Any Dolls (Porcelain and Manikins especially) and clowns.

I also take a second look at some statues, especially if they look like Angels, lol.

I can hold a red-back spider without breaking a sweat but if there is a moth in the same room as me I scream and will hide in another room until it is killed...moths are so bloody scary! I will jump screaming my head off if one flies near me :shock: Give me a spider any day <3

people. particularly people I know but don't always see and doctors:shock: ... yet I love a lot of things most people are afraid of:lol:(all deadly/dangerous animals, heights, dark...

I can relate to not having feet uncovered when sleeping..or any body part of mine to be honest. :shock: As a young kid I slept with my entire body, head and all, underneath a blanket, and it's a habit I can't break even now that I'm 17.
same here (at 17) :lol:

not afraid of much but heights at times like on rides if it does not feel safe and deep dark water as my mum always told me sharks would kill me and eat me if i swam out to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back