Photocopy Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinky

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Could not get herpmeasure to work, so I took my hatchie costal to work and photocopied him onto an A3 page.

Then measured out the nice and stationary photocopied snake. Now I know my snake is 64cm.

Has anyone else used this or any other creative method to measure their snakes.

Yeah, its been a common practice with those of us with access to snake friendly photocopy environments for a while now.
Very clever of you though to come up with it by yourself. Lateral thinker.

Just a small question, wouldn't the intense lasers from the photocopier be bad for the snake? Or its eyes??

I would NEVER have thought of that!

I wonder how my boss would feel if I brought some snakes into work??

Is there a certain way you should do it? As evozz said I would have thought that the laser might be bad for them?

Is there a certain way you should do it? As evozz said I would have thought that the laser might be bad for them?

No special way, though don't use auto feed as they tend to get stuck. Just hold them firmly in place with the top so that they dont move.

No special way, though don't use auto feed as they tend to get stuck. Just hold them firmly in place with the top so that they dont move.

hehehe.. ok I won't try the auto feed.. new copiers here so I don't want to p*** off the IT guys!

Laser.. light.. thingy.. whatever it's called :-s I didn't know if it could harm them or not.

Clever, but i guess it cancels out if you cant get herpmeasure to work ;) Before herpmeasure, i used to manually work out lengths the same way herpmeasure does.

People are very careful with me at work. I’ve had all sorts of things that I’ve bought off people in the city and then taken back to work with me simply because it was more convenient :lol: I had a few tigers and copperheads in here from time to time. Even had an adder in a tub sitting on my desk :p Whatever you do, never rummage through Luke’s drawer…that’s the general consensus :)

People are very careful with me at work. I’ve had all sorts of things that I’ve bought off people in the city and then taken back to work with me simply because it was more convenient :lol: I had a few tigers and copperheads in here from time to time. Even had an adder in a tub sitting on my desk :p Whatever you do, never rummage through Luke’s drawer…that’s the general consensus :)

Ditto, I have rescues delivered to my workplace. I now have a locked, heated box under my desk as someone opened a package with an injured red belly in it by mistake one day. No one has ever opened any of my mail again. LOL.

Ditto, I have rescues delivered to my workplace. I now have a locked, heated box under my desk as someone opened a package with an injured red belly in it by mistake one day. No one has ever opened any of my mail again. LOL.

Not that I mind at all, i think it'd be great if someone had a ven or some other snake in my work place, but surely there's regulations and safety acts in place to disallow you doing this? Unless of course your workplace is that of where you constantly have such animals :p

Not that I mind at all, i think it'd be great if someone had a ven or some other snake in my work place, but surely there's regulations and safety acts in place to disallow you doing this? Unless of course your workplace is that of where you constantly have such animals :p

Yea, My licence does not allow me to take the reptiles out of my house.

A couple of people saw me and asked, "is that a snake"

I answered, "It's a plastic one, I am planning on scaring the pommy receptionist."

No Dramas

ha ha tink thanks ha ha you got me, im blonde you see so thats my excuse and im sticking to it. :) lol.

There are a number of safe ways to measure your snake. The only problem with these safe ways is they're inaccurate. So I have found the easiest way to measure your snake - of any size. And it works without fail.

You'll need a clean wooden floor - if you have tiles or carpet you may need to get a piece of wood that can hold the length of your snake (at least) - this is why floor is best.

Once you have your piece of floor or wood you'll need to get either:

Selley's No More Nails or Nails and hammer...

Hammer a nail through the tail, being extremely careful NOT to go to close to the side as it can cause the tail to rip. This is why I use Selley's No More Nails - from a cauking gun add a small amount of Selley's and hold your snake's tail to the glue - if you're having trouble with it staying still use a hair dryer to dry the glue much quicker.

With that done you can either a) wait till the snake stretches out and mark on the floor where its head is - or... b) stretch it out yourself.

It works!!!

The photocopy method I find dangerous - I never know how hard to press down on the lid so the snake lies flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back