Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic shots as always, Brett.

Did you use the 'miniature' mode on that last shot with the boats?

Nope was just a normal 15-55mm lens from memory , I just gave it a little tweak in PS to try and make some "tilt shift" type shot as I can't afford the proper lens lol
I have a fair few shot like them that look like little models or miniature etc , its pretty good if you use the right type of shot.

Yeah he did, just answering in Bretts absence :)

Wrong .... ;)

I did some light painting once - short lived hobby of mine when I found out I wasn't overly good at it because I lacked creativity... but this was what came of it anyway (Nadzzz photos made me think of it and it's something completely different)

mtd,375x360,n,s,U2tlbGV0b3IgTGlnaHQ%3D,ffffff.jpg

Staying with completely different - using an Olympus point and shoot (from around early 2001) I took this photo of my brother under a streetlamp on an 8 second exposure (no one can tell you that a point and shoot doesn't take creative shots).

mtd,375x360,n,s,SW4gdGhlIGV5ZSBvZiB0aGUgbmlnaHQuLi4%3D,ffffff.jpg

Also from the 'creative' boundaries - an oldie but a goodie... M&Ms in water... Yep - that's all it is!!!

mtd,375x360,n,s,TSZNIE1hZ2ljYWwgTWFkbmVzcw%3D%3D,ffffff.jpg

And finally from the night files - with a Tim Burtonesque feel to it (so it was told on Redbubble) - the sugar mill at Gordonvale - only a few metres from where the cane toad was released!

mtd,375x360,n,s,VGhlIE5pZ2h0IE1pbGw%3D,ffffff.jpg

Oh, BTW, those photoshop enthusiasts... This has absolutely NONE of that - even the light painting is as is!!! There was no need to change a thing in any of these photos :)

Im not going to touch the photoshop debate, I think both ways have there place and its a personal thing.
I take some shots with the purpose to photoshop and other photos dont need it.

Slim - awesome photos, mate!! I love the sugar mill shot :D
Nadzzz - Awesome shot! I love how the sparks look like that after long exposure.
Dickyknee - Great work :D I really love the shot where you're looking through the old piping? through to the ocean :)

Some of my latest shots :)

Popper explosion by TroublePython, on Flickr

Pictures in the sand by TroublePython, on Flickr

Vampire candle light dinner by TroublePython, on Flickr

Sequins of Life. by TroublePython, on Flickr

and a couple of shots from the V8s at the Gold Coast 600 on the weekend. (my first go at panning with V8s. these were not touched up in photoshop at all as they were shot in JPEG)

Porches by TroublePython, on Flickr

Vodafone Racing - Lowndes by TroublePython, on Flickr

Little bit of a nudge by TroublePython, on Flickr

Fujitsu boys by TroublePython, on Flickr

Vodafone Racing - Whincup by TroublePython, on Flickr

Maloo Ute by TroublePython, on Flickr

Maloo Ute by TroublePython, on Flickr

Muscle Mustang by TroublePython, on Flickr

Awesome muscle car by TroublePython, on Flickr

Thanks guys, that was going to be one of my entries into the Canon EOS Photo5 competition, but I chose another shot instead. It was a very close call though. My cousin has an amazing imagination to help me see different images. He helped come up with the idea of that shot :)

Make a wish by TroublePython, on Flickr

My two youngest cousins blowing powder into the wind. I entered it because of the colours, it stands out a bit more. The brief was 'powder' so you had to use the powder in the box to make a creative image.

Last edited:
Two more
unfortunately I reckon the sun in the first one is a bit too overpowering so heres to the people who don't agree with photoshop, without it I couldn't have even got it to this stage, So What were my problems? the sun was No1 behinde the rocks so I knew that they would turn out black if I made them my subject like I normaly do so instead I deceded put them in the backround and make the water flow and sand my subjet, I then on photoshop had adjust them a little on photoshop to get them to make them look more even, but realy that wasn't exactly enough... What I should have realy done is taken two exposures and blended them together.... but we live and learn.

A Powerful Sun by Jordan Mulder, on Flickr

And another one

But still I stand by Jordan Mulder, on Flickr

great photos!

Attachments

• Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture 508.jpg
    Picture 508.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 509.jpg