Phyllurus Platurus help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

havannah-lofts

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a Broad Tail with a Hemipenal Prolapse, any ideas on what to do will be gratefully accepted , i know if i handle him it'll squeal its head off and probably throw its tail.

I haven't had to do it with geckos before (only frogs) but sitting him in tepid water mixed with sugar should help it go back in.
Whatever you do dont let it dry out

Good luck

Like geckoman said, tepid water with sugar dissolved in it, I have successfully used that method with a pilb before.

Looks like its retracted it himself, still has its tail stuck up but i cant see anything protuding. thanks

i got this info off another forum " But you could try covering the prolapse in just the tinest layer of neosporine or vasaline ( it's really not good for the scales but sometimes they need that lubrication to get it back in) and massaging it back it. You could also try helping it back in with a qtip. That's what the vet will end up doing. He'll coat the prolapse in vaseline and take a qtip and gently push it back into the vent into place." thought you might find it helpful.

My reptile book says the same but these little buggers dont like to be touched , when putting them into the new enclosure the male squeaked he's head off. And he's the only 1 thats got he's original tail , the 2 females had lost theirs before i got them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back