Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite agree, it's the end of the world as we know it. I feel a song coming on.

Cris and Boa, you are both being silly now, it will not mean the end of the world. Just the end of our hobby, time to sell everything you have and get out while you still can :roll:

that snake looks ugly.
true's looks good because it has the patterning and coloration all over

But they are 2 very different snakes, the one Rob hasn't isn't a Piebald, it's like those BHP's that are around, more like a calico.

I think that the pied ball python is quite pretty, but the children's python is just plain weird. If I owned it, I wouldn't burn it, though. Why would you burn it? I mean, if you had an ugly child, would you burn it? different scenario, I know, but I love my pythons, and I'd never want to hurt any of them. But why would the hobby come to an end anyway? I don't understand

I think you might have missed the joke there.

jOLeen said:
I think that the pied ball python is quite pretty, but the children's python is just plain weird. If I owned it, I wouldn't burn it, though. Why would you burn it? I mean, if you had an ugly child, would you burn it? different scenario, I know, but I love my pythons, and I'd never want to hurt any of them. But why would the hobby come to an end anyway? I don't understand

If i hatched anything strange out of a clutch i wouldn't euth it. IMO everything that happens with snakes in captivity can happen in the wild. Same with people that feed the snakes alot, the snakes are capable of rapid grow, so it's possible to happen in th wild.
Cross breeding is a different story, yes alot of strange looking snakes are produced but thats why, it's like crossed wires which nature wasn't prepared for.
That can be said for locality crossing the same species or sub species.

Morphs are definatly the way of the futre for reptile keeping anywhere, you only have to look as far as albinos to see that.
To me morph breeding pure snakes (by that i mean not crossing species and sub species) is very interesting and always something that i hope becomes popular.
Whether people thinks it's ugly or not it's different and any new morph will be in high demand.
It's no different to hybrids really some like them some dislike them( i dislike them) they are going to be part of our hobby and are here to stay, so instead o arguing about these things why don't we allow these breeders to go about there business so they won't be scared to make people aware of what they are up to.

I think we should burn all morphs as well, I mean look at that disgusting bumblebee BHP at the snake ranch, just discusting, and those filthy albino olives, they should have been torched immediately and god forbid, the albino darwins, and people are trying to make a small fortune out of these hideous animals. Shame Shame Shame.

It will be interesting to see how this childrens progresses. I reckon they will look pretty awesome as more and more white appears on it.

well thats what John Weigel said at an AHS presentation. He must have bought it

*brings out a shovle and digs up old trash*

i was scouring over google images "pythons" and i found this image

After reading this thread. I think buring of snakes that are "different" isn't far enough. I say we, humans, have damged ourselfs... tall blonde people aren't breeding with other tall blonde people. People who don't breed with in their genetic pool (eg short people with short people) should be burnt and their off spring burnt as well.

On that note I'm off to burn my self.. mother is 5'1 father is 6'10... I'm an a confused shorty with delusions of height.

the bummble bee is still safe and sound in daves and my care, i hear the ranch has one but from what ive been told by people that have seen it, there is no comparison to the original. :wink:

i dont see why people whine and whinge about people making money from herp.

I dont keep childrens or maccies, but i would love to own that snake.

People are kidding themselves if they think that designer morphs are not the way of the future. We have unlimited bloodlines to breed from and that is the way it will go.

Some keepers will always have common sp., some will have a few morphs and a few normal snakes, but alot of herpers will only keep designer and rarer reptiles .

I would rather have a black headed like bumble bee that your average nt or qld form.

Any way,

the way i see it is that it will be hard to make a living from reptiles if you dont jump on the designer band wagon in the next few years.

nick

Just wait until we start using plastic surgery to "enhance" the way our pythons look ;-)

I suspect most reptile keepers do it for the love of it, not to make a living from it. Not that there's anything wrong with making a living from it if you can.

TrueBlue said:
the bummble bee is still safe and sound in daves and my care, i hear the ranch has one but from what ive been told by people that have seen it, there is no comparison to the original. :wink:

Thank christ for that rob, i was devod when i read that post. I didn't think that you guys would part with it :lol:

The ranch has enough lurks and purks of obtaining good herp as it is , we dont need everyone else selling them new morphs.

If its not the orig bumblebee or offspring from it then they shouldnt be calling it bumble bee.

If someone starts or has a new line of reptile, unless its from the same linage they should get another name for it.

sigh...........

nick

If its not the orig bumblebee or offspring from it then they shouldnt be calling it bumble bee.
lol yeah get an official trademark on a wild animal :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back