Pig Hunting Pics only open if your into pigging.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a hunter but i love seeing pics of what everyone has succesfully hunted!!!
Hope to get into it one day when i meet someone thats willing to teach or let me hunt on their property.....
If its feral i don't care how its killed just get it out of my bush!!!!!!!
To all you "no not the poor piggy, cat, rabbit or what ever else is out there, Do you know reptiles are high on feral animals diet's?
National parks need to start implementing more hunting programs with licenced shooters who would do it for FREE!!!!
My first Husband and I were approached by National Parks in the Gregory/Mt Dryander(whitsunday area)in the 90's to go in and dispose of the feral pig population. We hunted in there for years, I dont know if they still enlist hunters? Funniest memory was when we went over the top of one Mountain down the other side the dogs chasing the young boar through the middle of one of the resorts there lol there were a lot of astonished tourists lol it is amazing how much cooperation you get under the banner of NP ;) we were allowed to tie up and hold the pig there till we arranged for a mate to go get the ute :) we didnt get payment but were allowed to take the pigs to the box(those were the days lol)

Cobourg is a NP but until the ecotourism resort I worked for was opened up there was no-one living in several hundred sq km and the pigs were running amok. An agreement was reached with Parks, a gun was supplied and I did the do. I never got any joy from blowing holes in the buggers but I got plenty of joy seeing country come back to life after being bulldozed for decades by swine.

I'm a practical bloke and if you get a kick killing pigs, no problem with me. I just like to see them gone.
I still kill them every chance I get.

good work mate one less feral animal in our country. cant wait to go up to darwin on the easter weekend hopefully get to nail a few. im not having a go at wrightpython but i know a few people who use bows and shoot pigs from 40-50 meters and shooting a living animal is a big difference to shooting a paper target. with a paper target it doesnt matter if you dont quite hit the mark but with a living animal you want to make sure you get the right spot so the animal doesnt suffer. just my opinion anyway.

good work mate one less feral animal in our country. cant wait to go up to darwin on the easter weekend hopefully get to nail a few. im not having a go at wrightpython but i know a few people who use bows and shoot pigs from 40-50 meters and shooting a living animal is a big difference to shooting a paper target. with a paper target it doesnt matter if you dont quite hit the mark but with a living animal you want to make sure you get the right spot so the animal doesnt suffer. just my opinion anyway.

My average shot is between 10 and 20 yards....except buffalo which i have been known to get a bit further back.

Looks like it was wearing a BAT UTILITY BELT. Hope you kept it :)

I could hardly move it...Bat Utility Belt...I like it

I Hear Your Call!

superman-the-movie-1-1152x864.jpg

A bit over the top? I don't think so, i do super things, i can be pretty heroic and look great in tights. But who am i to preach? You decide if it is a good likeness!

Good work Jako, nothing quite like getting into the wild and doing man stuff with your old man, it's one of the more manly things you can do i think. Especially if you eat what you kill. I think it makes it taste sweeter, because it has that extra ingredient that you can't buy in the shops... Man love.

Not sure about the dogs though. Maybe we should ask Slim6y, i heard he has a dog. Apparently called Piri, but that's only his short name. My dog likes to bite pigs and buffalo and generally get himself (and me) into trouble but he's not a bailer or a lugger, he's more of a nuisance really.

OH! BTW Gordo I just had to find and plug in an external keyboard to my Laptop as I think I stuffed mine because I spat beer all over my computer when I opened this post.!

Last edited:

Hitting the mark and right spot are hard to do at 40-50 meters with a bow, there is a lot more chance of inaccuracy due to wind, glare up hill down hill etc. i dont do it out of pure chance you stuff up and you dont often get second chance with bow, i only hope those guys that shoot from 50 meters are the best of shots and only do it under the best of circumstances as a wounded boar can be dangerous not only for you but some other poor sod that stumbles upon it over the next fews days or weeks until it dies a horrible death from septesemia etc. If they are that bad a stalker that they have to release at 50 meters they should be carrying a hand cannon. For me its the chase and stalk that i remember not the release so to stalk closer means i have a more memorable experience than lobbing arrows from a field away in the hope i injure it bad enough that i can walk over and finish the job.

My average shot is between 10 and 20 yards....except buffalo which i have been known to get a bit further back.

What poundage do you use on Buffalo i have a jennings 85 pounder and i use beeman 340 camo wrapt with beeman carbonhawks inside them for extra weight and tip them with satelite 3 blade fixed. Total weight 870 grains. I find it goes right threw buff due to momentum even if overall speed is down a tad 290fps

Last edited:
Hitting the mark and right spot are hard to do at 40-50 meters with a bow, there is a lot more chance of inaccuracy due to wind, glare up hill down hill etc. i dont do it out of pure chance you stuff up and you dont often get second chance with bow, i only hope those guys that shoot from 50 meters are the best of shots and only do it under the best of circumstances as a wounded boar can be dangerous not only for you but some other poor sod that stumbles upon it over the next fews days or weeks until it dies a horrible death from septesemia etc. If they are that bad a stalker that they have to release at 50 meters they should be carrying a hand cannon. For me its the chase and stalk that i remember not the release so to stalk closer means i have a more memorable experience than lobbing arrows from a field away in the hope i injure it bad enough that i can walk over and finish the job.

What poundage do you use on Buffalo i have a jennings 85 pounder and i use beeman 340 camo wrapt with beeman carbonhawks inside them for extra weight and tip them with satelite 3 blade fixed. Total weight 870 grains. I find it goes right threw buff due to momentum even if overall speed is down a tad 290fps

I'm not surprised at 85 Lb....I shoot 70 lb with standard 75/95 Gold Tips with the good old Ribtek two blade....my bow shoots these at 280fps.

I'm not surprised at 85 Lb....I shoot 70 lb with standard 75/95 Gold Tips with the good old Ribtek two blade....my bow shoots these at 280fps.

its hard to get helical fletch where i am so two blades fly all over the place. I had some good mechanicals that had two blades but they were so expensive i switched and havent had any probs although would like to go back to blackstump twins. All my gear i get out of US now, 2nd hand but new short hide bow jennings for 200 bucks and came with whisper biscuit, cross hair sights and quiver, bargain

we use a matthews 80lb with broad heads bloody hell they work like magic.

oh and im going to eipa on my birthday and anyone that knows weipa , im going to the beanhole and trying my hand with the .22 on the back of a quad bike...open sites. yyyyaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. if anyone from weipa wants to come(not sure if theres anyone from weipa) tell dokka , jack invited yahh.

Last edited:
My 2nd trip up to Georgetown,

Enjoy :) I cant seem to find my first ever caught boar photo, it was 110kg and was as big as me :)

Attachments

• DSCF1452.jpg
    DSCF1452.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF1460.jpg
    DSCF1460.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF1479.jpg
    DSCF1479.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF1487.jpg
    DSCF1487.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF1517.jpg
    DSCF1517.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF1475.jpg
    DSCF1475.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 141
Thanks, goin up there these holidays comming(fingers crossed). Goin shooting this time, mate has a property up there over run with birds and pigs and dingos so its open season for us ;)

its hard to get helical fletch where i am so two blades fly all over the place.

Why? $60 Boehning jig and you can fletch your own. I am getting my own jig soon as i shoot target as well as hunt and my son now shoots too but so far my local bow shop refletches mine for about $1 per arrow and they have a fully adjustable alloy jig where you can set it to what ever helical you want although if you make it too severe it slows your arrow down too quickly.

I also like my Spider mechanical heads as they fly just like my field tips and tear a hole the like hitting a goat with a .270 although I am thinking about getting some three blade Rage heads. My rig is a Diamond 'Machette' (pre Bowtech) set at 60lbs but can wind up to 70lbs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back