Pig Hunting???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we now own just over 2400 acers and i go out every week or so but the amount of roo shooters that tresspass on our property is insane(shooting roo's out here is big) they just invite themself's onto anyones property

theres just as many prop owners that wont let u on cause irresponsible dog owners have let their untrained mutts lug onto old mates sheep or cattle, same as shooters its the bad minority ruin it for the decent pple!!

go matty!! how the hounds travellin?

hey fishead ur jungles goin kikass!! have to post some pics for ya

Wow, that took a while to read all that.

Not sure what it's like as far up as townsville but out Pilliga way in Northern NSW is loaded with pigs last I went out there years ago. Could pretty much walk out and sit on your front porch and pick them off round the Malassus (spelling) feed troughs. And it certainly does give you a different perspective on the animal when you see the damage they cause. Whether Pigs, foxes, rabbits or roos.

theres just as many prop owners that wont let u on cause irresponsible dog owners have let their untrained mutts lug onto old mates sheep or cattle, same as shooters its the bad minority ruin it for the decent pple!!

go matty!! how the hounds travellin?
That's for sure.
Pig dogs on properties are too much of a risk if they get lost. The neighbour has lost 22 lambs to a dog in the last fortnight, we lost 45 last year.

Pilliga is where I used to hunt, Choco!! worked out there for years, and used to see pigs on the way to and from work all the time! have also hunted around Longreach qld and st george qld.

pig hunting up here - lol

Attachments

• PigHunting.jpg
    PigHunting.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 266
Pig Hunting

Hi,
I saw the thread on pig hunting which is now closed, but I was wondering if you could help.
I am a keen pig hunter from New Zealand visiting the Cairns area for the week of Sunday 29 June and I was wondering if anyone is in to pig hunting and would want to take me out with them for a hunt? I would be happy to return the favour in New Zealand some time, and contribute to costs.
Let me know if you would have the time.
Cheers.

20140206_102047.jpg
I have :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Me too! Excellent craftsmanship Fishead. Very nice indeed.

I have taken to the bow nowadays for a change. It's awesome! It sure makes you upgrade your hunting skills. Here's a pic of what me and my eldest son are using at the moment. Is that a piggy in the pic you ask? Why yes, it is! I have found this little piglet one of the most useful hunting tools in my repertoire. It's a dog's chew toy bought from K-Mart for $4. When you squeeze him real tight he squeals just like a pig in distress. This little piglet brings the doggies in like nothing else I've ever used for dog calling. We mostly hunt feral dogs for sheep graziers. Bow hunting is almost silent and tends to permit the dogs to stay around for a bit longer than when we fire off a round which sends the rest of them bolting off into the bush.

I have grown up doing this sport my while life and will always!
image.jpg Got this fella a few weeks ago with the dogs and the boys 92kg worth of Swine!
image.jpg
image.jpg Me best mates

How are all you guy's dogs around people? Old fella at my work had 2 Labrador x Bull terrier that he said were the best hunting dogs he'd ever seen but you couldn't take your eye off them around other people or animals.
Unfortunately one ate a poisoned Roo (I think that was the animal) and died.

I have grown up doing this sport my while life and will always!
View attachment 305198 Got this fella a few weeks ago with the dogs and the boys 92kg worth of Swine!
View attachment 305199
View attachment 305200 Me best mates

Where was that mate?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
I saw the thread on pig hunting which is now closed, but I was wondering if you could help.
I am a keen pig hunter from New Zealand visiting the Cairns area for the week of Sunday 29 June and I was wondering if anyone is in to pig hunting and would want to take me out with them for a hunt? I would be happy to return the favour in New Zealand some time, and contribute to costs.
Let me know if you would have the time.
Cheers.

Have a look on some of the australian hunting forums like ahn and the like, should be someone there that could point you in the right direction

Gundi QLD! And some mite be surprised I'm a chick, and love it!
There are more females in the sport now, many moons ago when I was taking pigs to the box(before all the red tape)
It was all but unheard of for Females to be involved in the sport much less like it lol
I bred all of our working dogs, and will say that 99% of them were absolutely fine around other animals/kids/people in general. They were protective of their territory though(which is normal)@Oldest Magician. I found that after 20 years in the sport if your using dogs, It still gets down to good old fashioned obedience training and how you bring the dogs up. There are always exceptions to the rule, no animal is predictable.

Wow, a 7 year gravedig, impressive thread resurrection there.

I bred all of our working dogs, and will say that 99% of them were absolutely fine around other animals/kids/people in general. They were protective of their territory though(which is normal)@Oldest Magician. I found that after 20 years in the sport if your using dogs, It still gets down to good old fashioned obedience training and how you bring the dogs up. There are always exceptions to the rule, no animal is predictable.

From what I remember him telling me he used to own a gun shop and a regular gave him the dogs when they were young, might have something to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back