Pig tail blueys!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this doesn't cause spinal issues in the lizards, as specific breeding for this trait has in certain dog breeds :|. The colours are lovely.

Breed Jag with it and you will be in the money! Spastic tail and Neuro, but patterns are awesome!

Albinism is definatley a deformity, its an absence of pigment in the skin, it affects sight, and limits exposure to the sun. Why do you think albino specimens are so rare in the wild, If it wasn't a deformity albino animals would be thriving in the wild

Albinos do thrive in the wild , don't forget almost all albinos on the market were from wild caught animals , the one I originally found was at least a year old

Not my thing but I'd like to see how they come along.... Keep us updated...

Sclero stick with the blue grey jungle you have. That is a winner! This obvious deformity you have in blue tongues at the moment you want to breed for difference? Not cool. You are better than this! Do the herp society proud and stick with the awesome jungle! By the way, I am a big fan of the jungle!

Sclero stick with the blue grey jungle you have. That is a winner! This obvious deformity you have in blue tongues at the moment you want to breed for difference? Not cool. You are better than this! Do the herp society proud and stick with the awesome jungle! By the way, I am a big fan of the jungle!

What about his twitchy pythons? The jungle is awesome though!
The blueys have nice markings and small curled tails..... so what, its not like they have twisted heads, speed bumps down their backs or shoot sparks out their rear ends (that we know of anyway)..... you aps folk are funny, not alot has changed around here!

True Becs, I just saw these as a typical "morph"in which the genetics dont do the animal any benefit, and may cause spinal issues and problems down the track. But because the animals cannot talk and might say my back is killing me and I am in immense pain but I look okay and unique I am potentially worth more than the perfect looking Bluies out there. Pig tails is a good marketing ploy! Is it not?

Pig Tails is a great name, as is the names of his twitchys and the fact he is a staunch supporter for ringworm rights..... Why is everybody so serious? At least its entertaining and again, nice blueys.... (on topic ;) )

Yeah Becs, At least it is entertaining! Enjoy the show!

nice blueys, the top one has a really nice patern. the tails are cute, i'd like to see them as adults.

Blueman! I'm still waiting for the answer to my question..... are they sparkle bums? It would add to the asking price of their babies if it's genetic ;)
What would you call them then?
You can teach them tricks.... maybe they can herd sheep :eek: ''That will do lizzy, that will do!''

... next people like you will be culling off deformed people.
And I highly doubt you would survive in the "wild" with that attitude you have.
What is it with people being so negative about things like this. you are a very negative Lady Cheekabee.

There is absolutely no justification for what you have said here. If you are in the right then you should never need to resort to derogatory personal comments. In fact, you never need to resort to derogatory personal comments full stop. Address the criticism if you must, but without resorting to personally degrading the author thereof to strengthen your argument. And the same applies to those who support such comment. Popularity is no a blank cheque to belittle others.

Read spotlight’s comment. He clearly showed a statement made to be in error by providing the required evidence and he did without any reference to personality. Why can’t you do that?

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
They look really uncomfortable and constipated, whats the point breeding deformed lizards, in the wild they would never survive, the whole evolution process is getting disturbed the fittest should survive and pass on their genes not the other way around. I feel the same way towards albinos and other morfs.
Im a little late and i got as far as this comment before i felt the need to post. You could say the same about us piping eggs. You could also say the same thing about us getting problem feeders eating. They would never survive in the wild, yet not only do we do everything in our power to give them a fighting chance we also breed them. Which again would never happen in the wild.

Last edited:
Caliherp, I agree. Those arguments given were demonstrated to be invalid. For example, a deformity is something misshapen or malformed. Albinism is a deficiency condition, which in many snakes has been demonstrated to not significantly reduce their survival in nature. And not matter what something looks like, if the OP says it is otherwise then you have to accept that.

I found the only really compelling argument to be a question for the future. Would the current tail shape remain and if so, would it have a detrimental effect on the spine, resulting in a significant level of pain to the animal? At this stage we don’t even know if it is an ontogenetic abnormality that will right itself in time or whether it is a permanent feature and likely genetically produced.

Blue

- - - Updated - - -

I should have added I think “deformity” was used to convey a significant departure from the normal form (and to connote a negative effect). Unfortunately for the user, it has a much more restricted meaning.

They look uncomfortable?
They have just been running around like mad chasing their crickets. How do they look constipated are you just trying to pick with comments like that?
These are not a morth ( yet), they where saved from some one who didn't want them or could sell them.
As for them or albinos not surviving in the wild.. that's the point.. They.don't .have.too as they are in captivity... next people like you will be culling off deformed people.
And I highly doubt you would survive in the "wild" with that attitude you have.
What is it with people being so negative about things like this. you are a very negative Lady Cheekabee.
First off mate im a male, secondly people cant be compared to wild animals which you are doing ,some of my close friends have disabilities and deformities and they are smart, loving people. Again Reptiles are wild animals and cant be compared to domesticated animals such as dogs and therefore reptiles cant be cross-bred ect. And they shouldn't be selectively bred with the purpose to create deformed animals through genetics, if the animals are born with deformities by chance in captivity fair enough, i dont support culling them, but they definately should not be bred with the intention of them inheriting features that limit them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back