Pilbara Rock Monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aslan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone keep and/or breed Pilbara Rock Monitors (V. pilbarensis)...

...I can't find them listed on the NPWS paperwork at all...I have seen pictures of them being kept in overseas collections and was curious as to the situation with them over here...

I think there is one kept locally by a Mac Herps member mate but I could be mistaken. I also saw them in Japan for about $5k Aussie each.

i'm not aware of any in captivity in aus, not saying there are nonek, keep your ears open, never know what you will hear.

I was going to ask the same question, I would love a pair if you find anyone with them

Cheers,

Jason

Still a little while before they would be an option for me anyway but I am very keen to acquire some in the long term if they are available...fantastic looking little monitors...

I will definately keep an eye out for them but I have a feeling that they wouldn't be too readily advertised around the traps...

You can always get the Kimberley Rock Monitors mate, they are very similar and at a mere $2k each they are a bargain.

kimberly rock monitors are on the list, i have deided i will meet them halfway:p by the time i have the cash they will be a little cheaper.

Yeah, they have a similar look just not quite as striking...

...you shouldn't give me more options Pete, I am still figuring out how I will eventually manage housing a Mertens...and possibly a Mitchell's...and hopefully a Mangrove... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back