Pinkie pump ?????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're for non-feeding snakes to basically get some food into their stomachs. They work just like a syringe (they basically are a syringe). You chop/mash up the pinky, put it in the pump, insert the end into the snake's throat and syringe the food in. They are a bit controversial because they are definitely not for beginners and there are a few ways it can go wrong and injure/kill the snake

So basically its a form force feeding only with a syringe and extra danger. Not cool. Could you post a pic? I would like to see what this 'pinkie-pump' looks like.

Ok either way they sound like something that's to risky and should only be used as a last resort.:|

The pinky pump should only be used as last resort and your hatchlings aren't feeding and you want to get food into them.

Here's the one I got but I've only used it once.
upy2ahu4.jpg

A while ago there was a video of a bandy bandy being fed with a pinky pump. Bandy Bandys are reptile eaters in the wild and are notoriously hard to get feeding on rodents, so a pinky pump is necessary. I'll see if I can find it. It was quite interesting to watch. Oh and it is something that should only be done by experienced people as like saximus said there are a few things that can go wrong.

Ok. I don't think I will ever need one besides that at the moment I don't have much experience with snakes but who knows maybe one day I will need one and hopefully by the time I do ,I'll have enough experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back