Pinktongue Skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kankryb

Reaction score
I resently retired my breeding trio of pinktongues, male was 8 years old females 6 and 7 years old, so yesterday I picked up 8 new babies from a good breeder in denmark and hopefully next weekend in Hamm, germany a few more. Here are the dk ones

DSC_0824.JPG

DSC_0814.JPG

DSC_0812.JPG

Their banding is so incredible at that age!! Gorgeous little guys, Congrats!

It is interesting that the one in the second picture doesn't have a pink tongue.

It is interesting that the one in the second picture doesn't have a pink tongue.

They are born with deep blue tongues that slowly turn pink as they grow! Around a year or so is when they turn pink I believe.

I bought one not too long ago that was well under a year, probably only a couple of months old and it's tongue was pink. I assumed they would be pink from birth.

As Iguana said, they're born with blue tongues that typically start to change to pink when they're between 6-12 months old. There is variation present in though, some start the switch earlier, others never undergo the switch. My pair are apart of the later group, both are still rocking blue tongues even though they're 5 years old.

Nice looking pink tongues kankryb, I bet you're happy with them.

Cheers, Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back