Pitt Bull Attack!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it was really a pitty or if the newspapers are just jumping on the "OMG Pit Bull Attack!!" bandwagon again...

Go Amy! You know what they say, the ferocity of a mother (AKA owner) protecting her family knows no bounds!

What a moron of a woman.

If a dog (pitbull or not) had my dog in its jaws and wouldnt let go, I sure as heck wouldnt be putting my face anywhere near its moth, let alone biting it on the nose. :shock:

They love to jump on the "savage pitbull" stories dont they. :rolleyes:

Its an american story anyway, so hopefully not another nail in the BSL coffin.

Another pit bull story? Don't they ever find something new? If it were my dog(s), I'd get the hose. High pressure. If snakes don't like water in their nose/mouth, why would a dog? Although, dogs also have to contend with eyes (since snakes have scales over theres...), so you'd think it would be much more effective.

Oh well.

Hoses only work for basic attacks.

To separate a dog fight you either need to use a break stick (or whatever they are) but then the dog might accidentally bite you or you need two people, grab hind legs and pull.

Why does the breed matter? All breeds will bite or attack if raised by ****ty owners.

The story also sounds a bit wrong, wasn't her dog fighting back? Labs aren't exactly small.

It sounds like one of those stories where they aren't really interested. The one's where there's only a really small amount of space dedicated to them. Also, maybe because the dog attacked another dog, and not a kid, they're only really highlighting the owner, and nothing else. Notice how there was only a sentence about the lab's injuries?

The story also sounds a bit wrong, wasn't her dog fighting back? Labs aren't exactly small.

Labs aren't exactly renowned for their "attack instinct"! My Lab turns tail and runs if another dog (of any size) goes for her. Much as I adore them, they tend to be pretty wussy...

whaaaat that lady is game getting so close to a pit bulls face and biting it! its a bit wierd... and odd... and grose that she had dog blood in her mouth

but it is true all dogs can hurt people, a jackrussle bit my old next door neighbours 6yr old kid on the face christmas day and he ended up in hospital he was nearly blind in one eye from it too, so its not just pitbulls and not all pitbulls are like that

If it would of attacked my dog, it would be have been killed on the spot - no hesitation.

If it would of attacked my dog, it would be have been killed on the spot - no hesitation.

I'll second that, or if not on the spot it would have been dead by the following day.

Not me.

If a dog attacks my dog and I manage to seperate them then I am certainly not going to kill the other dog.

Maybe it'd make you feel manly, but it'd make me feel like a killer. The owner might not have even known the dog was out, someone might have busted down a fence. I'd prefer the dog declared dangerous then the owner can comply with the legislation and the dog can live out its life in peace, without threatening other dogs.

BTW, how would it be dead the following day? Would you break into someones house and shoot it? Throw poison over the fence? It takes a lot longer than 1 day for a council to declare a dog dangerous.

Note, you ought to get that aggression under control. If it attacks a dog and ends up dead (as a great dane will win) then you'll be hit with some hefty fines and then the vet bills for the dane.

Its hard to pinpoint whether a dog will attack due to having a '****ty owner' or if it is just instinct.

I owned a purebred german rotti who was a beautiful and gentle girl. She lived with two cats and they all slept together and licked each other.

We adopted another rotti from a man who said he could no longer care for the dog and I noticed within 2 days how the behaviour in our female had changed. The adopted dog hated cats and the 2 dogs constantly hunted them and the poor confused cats who were used to sharing the yard.....one was attacked by both dogs and injured. Then the adopted one bit my daughter and our dog started growling at her.

We gave the adopted dog to a couple with no kids and our dog once again became placid with the cats but started pacing the fence barking at everyone that went past so we had to hand her on to other family members. It was devastating the change that occured to our dog by introducing another one.

I don't consider us bad dog parents but now with 3 kids I have no desire to own a dog of any kind for many reasons that are out of our control.

Opposite to my jack russell. He tried to take on a bullmastiff the other day.

I used to have a Bullmastiff and two Silky Terriers, when they had a problem with each other, the terriers used to latch onto the Bully's ears and hang on, then she would swing them into her mouth, the terriers used to get puntures around their necks, and the Bullmastiff a few pin holes in her ears. She was quite placid with them though, she could have broken their necks, but just used to shake them around and drop them, all to get first place in front of the heater..........

Its hard to pinpoint whether a dog will attack due to having a '****ty owner' or if it is just instinct.

I owned a purebred german rotti who was a beautiful and gentle girl. She lived with two cats and they all slept together and licked each other.

We adopted another rotti from a man who said he could no longer care for the dog and I noticed within 2 days how the behaviour in our female had changed. The adopted dog hated cats and the 2 dogs constantly hunted them and the poor confused cats who were used to sharing the yard.....one was attacked by both dogs and injured. Then the adopted one bit my daughter and our dog started growling at her.

We gave the adopted dog to a couple with no kids and our dog once again became placid with the cats but started pacing the fence barking at everyone that went past so we had to hand her on to other family members. It was devastating the change that occured to our dog by introducing another one.

I don't consider us bad dog parents but now with 3 kids I have no desire to own a dog of any kind for many reasons that are out of our control.

When dogs are in a pack they are MUCH harder. Pack instinct takes over, and they will all join in.

You also have no idea what the male did before she was given to you. For all you know she was showing signs of aggression. This is why rescue organisations test these things :)

ETA: the rest is probably just leadership issues.

Not me.

If a dog attacks my dog and I manage to seperate them then I am certainly not going to kill the other dog.

Maybe it'd make you feel manly, but it'd make me feel like a killer. The owner might not have even known the dog was out, someone might have busted down a fence. I'd prefer the dog declared dangerous then the owner can comply with the legislation and the dog can live out its life in peace, without threatening other dogs.

BTW, how would it be dead the following day? Would you break into someones house and shoot it? Throw poison over the fence? It takes a lot longer than 1 day for a council to declare a dog dangerous.

Note, you ought to get that aggression under control. If it attacks a dog and ends up dead (as a great dane will win) then you'll be hit with some hefty fines and then the vet bills for the dane.

" I feel manly " - Wake up to your self !!!!!!
My dog means the world to me, and to see a dangerous breed of dog attack her for no
reason at all would not go down to well with me,
The thought of her being savaged to death.....................:evil:
What would you do if someone you loved was being attacked and the final outcome could result in its/her/his death ??
I know what I could do........................and I would.
There's an old saying where I come from,
"Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 "
Cheers,
Aleks.:D

Hoses only work for basic attacks.

To separate a dog fight you either need to use a break stick (or whatever they are) but then the dog might accidentally bite you or you need two people, grab hind legs and pull.

Why does the breed matter? All breeds will bite or attack if raised by ****ty owners.

Talking about labradors?
I have a nice deep scar running from the top of my eyebrow and through my scalp from visiting the neighbours pitbulls (piggin dogs) and the guy that owned then happened to have his mom visiting with her old Labrador, ----and it was the golden labrador that grabbed me as a kid and pulled me through a barbed wire fence and chewed my face. I told mum i fell out of the tree so she wouldnt put the pitties down, as it wasnt their fault....
I wish people would stop critisizing one breed over another.
I have a border collie that has been raised just fine, he's obediant etc. But i cant take him anywhere without a muzzle as he tries to attack everybody......and he lives with my bull terrier who wouldnt hurt a fly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back