plants&frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rehctub

Reaction score
hey everyone, im setting up my tank for some green tree frogs and just wondering would i be better off putting live or plastic plants in?
thanks for any feedback.
regards rechtub

While the frogs are young live plants are fine but,
as they grow they tend to damage them...
So if you want live get very sturdy, thick stemmed plants
that can take a bit of weight ;)

don't want to hijack the thread but what are some "frog friendly" live plants with a nice broad leave?

Devils Ivy. Needs very little light, is quite sturdy and will grow under various degrees of humidity. I dont think you could kill it if you tried.

plants

i find that lots of plants die in the enclosure, and they need to be exchanged regularly. i have kept them in pots, and that may be why. bromeliads are great, and pretty sturdy- i usually pick ones without serrated edges, they can be pretty rough. birds nest ferns are good. and philodendrons are great because they thrive in low light and are hard to kill.
the links above are all very well for outdoor planting,s not so good for inside an enclosure though.

Totally depends on your set up, I used to have a huge tank with small tree ferns growing in it, though they did out grow the tank after a couple of years, though it had good plant lights, undergravel filtration system ( a godsend for the ultimate frog tank).. If you are just using a small tank, best keep it simple for regular cleaning, as mentioned, Devils Ivy is great, needs no soil ect, just through a sprig in the tank and watch it grow.

thanks guys, those links and your feed back are realy helpful.
ill go to the nursery today and have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back