Plastic Sliding Doors.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WomaBoy

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have 3 plastic sliding doors on a spare tank, in a couple of months i am gunna put a new woma in it hopefully, im am thinking of to hold to gap on the plastic togather with sliding door locks, will this work until i get glass installed ??

Do you mean like the lock that is used on say in a Dr. office reception area? For sliding doors? A display case lock? If that's what you mean then yes, it will work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

How big is the tank? if its not going to have a snake in it for a few months I would suggest saving up your pocket money and buy some glass for it, Should be able to get the glass from a local family run glazier quite cheap, they always have random smaller pieces (ie not suitable for window and stuff) which they are happy to do a deal with you to get rid of them, but obviously the price will depend on the size of the enclosure

dcee2d85-1090-5e70.jpg
one of these

Its a fairly big tank, like 1 metre, i am going to save up, just after i save up for and get the snake

You're doing it the wrong way round, Benji ! :)

Ahah, nah i have the tank, just need the snake, and i want is asap have all heating equipment all set up, after i put the snake in the tank with the locks closing the gap, ill save up and get glass as the snake gets stronger !

What do you mean by "the locks closing the gap" ? What gap ?

I'm with you now. Depending on how high the doors are (& how flexible they are), one lock might not be enough.

Theres no gap but coz its plastic if u push with a fair bit of pressure it will open up a bit

In saying that, due you believe the snake will have the strength the push and create the gap?

Yeah i recon it might, i gunna be on the safe side, i just ordered 4 locks 2 for each door :)

Good thinking mate. Never hurts to be over prepared and fixing the issue before it becomes a problem.

Yeaah :), thanks for all the help :)

I just realized tht i dont think this will close the gap, what if use tape ( on the outside ) up highish so if the snake manages to get his head thru it wont get him, will this work ? I tried it out and the gap was aloth harder to pull apart

Last edited:
After saving up all your money to buy a snake it would be a shame to lose it. Personally I wouldn't risk it. I'd rather get the tank sorted first and wait an extra week or two to get the snake, at least then you can be sure there is no chance of escape.

im pretty positive he wont be able to get out, ill look around for cheap glass, anyone know any cheap places near menai ?, also so i am going to need to get glass tracks that has a bit of plastic in between them so the glass isn't touching each other. i am also going to get a bit of melamine to raise the tracks if you know what i mean. can i get melamine from bunnings, also where do i get glass tracks ? ill try sort it all out before i get it thanks sam :)

"pretty positive" still wouldn't cut it, for me. Remember, these little guys manage to escape from so-called escape-proof tanks, so you'd best be making sure your tank is 100% escape-proof.

Yes, you can get melamine from Bunnings, & the glass tracks too, I forget what it's called, but search here, there are plenty of threads about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back