Please advise

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey Reid

Reaction score
Hi all. Please help me. I have an adult childrens python. She's about 8 years old. I have been gifted her. I need some advice on how to heat her . It's a glass terrarium 1200 long. How do I heat her? I have a heat mat, UV globe. Also I have infra red, moon globe , basking globe white, ceramic he. What should I use. I live in Ballarat Vic. I have no worries with temperatures I just need to know whether I use both heat mat and infra red. Or should I use basking light for day? Do I heat her at night? So much conflicting information. Please advise urgently . Thanks so much.

You don't need a heat mat and a ceramic heat emitter, I'm not too sure about globes so I won't answer on that.

Welcome to APS.
If you are using a thermostat or a timer, don't use globes. You will be changing them more often; the on-off frequency shortens their lifespan. Use a CHE during the day, and Ballarat has cold nights, so maybe a heat mat at night on a lower temp. You could even put a hide over it. No need for UV.

I use timers and thermostats with globes and I can't say I change globes very often.....maybe once or twice a year.
That said a dimming thermostat I think would be much better than an on/off

Mechanical timer is no different than turning the globe on/off yourself @pinefamily

True in that scenario, but I was referring to using a timer in on-off increments instead of a thermostat for heat regulation.

I use timers and thermostats with globes and I can't say I change globes very often.....maybe once or twice a year.
That said a dimming thermostat I think would be much better than an on/off

Interesting. Our experience with a globe and thermostat was very different; change o globe every couple of months from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back