Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ally_pup

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have just picked up my new boy from Aae. He came from Sydney. I put him straight in his enclosure when I got him home with heat on, he slithered around when I put him in now he seems limp. I can put him on his back and he doesn't move to roll back onto his stomach just stays there. Keeps yawning (like hes realigning his jaw, and has his mouth open about 2mm all the time. i dont know if I am just stressing and he has just had a stressful flight or if something is really long.
Ally

Immediately quarantine him from your other snakes - if you already haven't. Take no chances and make sure you disinfect your hands and clean your clothes. Take it to the vet ASAP.

awww i hope this isnt the lovely woma sick????
best of luck.
EDIT:
if it is the woma in those pics in your other thread his skin looks very loose. i dont no but dosent that mean dehydration?

Ally - Certainly doesn't sound like 'stress' - as already mentioned quarantine him and get him to a vet as soon as you can...

How long was the flight, was it overnight? He may have been sick before he was put on the plane?

If its the woma you posted pics of on another thread I would get it off ot a vet asap.Looks very wasted to me.

They said he was fine and active before flight. Dropped him off at 9am this morning and he got in at 4. He is rubbing his neck on everything. It si like something is really wrong with his neck. Realigning his jaw, rubbing his neck, curling his head back and nuzzling his neck. Tried giving him water but just openis his mouth like there is something wrong.

The rubbing and yawning a little seems similar to a snake going into a shed...not normally something to worry about...

...however, limp and lack of righting reflex is definately of concern...

Damn...that's unfortunate. :( Call the person who sold it to you as well so they know...

not righting itself and gaping are serious symptoms.. I agree with the above advise.
Im sorry to hear its not going well, I hope the situation is salvageable.

New enclosure didnt need cleaning it is like he is drunk and disorientated, tried water, not interested, tried showing him hide box, not interested.

PS. It would be unusual for the snake to deteriorate that quickly, I would think it was sick b4 it was sent

Have you looked in its mouth? do you know what a healthy mouth looks like? any discharge from mouth or nose??

poor snake hope it gets better best of luck with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back