Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the seller seems to be reading this thread ok it would be good to hear from him regarding his opinion on the health of the snake when it left his place.

Guys, I want to thank everyone that helped out Ally I am really truly shocked myself and can’t explain why this has happened but thank you all for helping her out, Ally will be getting a full refund but again Ally it doesn’t bring the little guy back and im truly sorry for that.

To all those flam throwers that over reacted maybe you should wait till you here the final outcome instead of talking nonsense, no wonder people are leaving the site!!!

Guys, I want to thank everyone that helped out Ally I am really truly shocked myself and can’t explain why this has happened but thank you all for helping her out, Ally will be getting a full refund but again Ally it doesn’t bring the little guy back and im truly sorry for that.

To all those flam throwers that over reacted maybe you should wait till you here the final outcome instead of talking nonsense, no wonder people are leaving the site!!!
Good to see Dean that you are supplying a full refund and being extremely helpfull in this hard time. But can you tell us please what the snakes health was like prior to freighting etc and did it have previous illnesses or problems. If not then its very scary that this has happened and certaintly will make people think twice regarding freight etc! Allthough untill a full Autopsy is done everyone is guessing i suppose.:|

Cheers Paul.

Good to see Dean that you are supplying a full refund and being extremely helpfull in this hard time. But can you tell us please what the snakes health was like prior to freighting etc and did it have previous illnesses or problems. If not then its very scary that this has happened and certaintly will make people think twice regarding freight etc! Allthough untill a full Autopsy is done everyone is guessing i suppose.:|

Cheers Paul.

To tell you the truth Paul, I am really stunned!!!! The snake was fine when it left here, I had a guy come up yesterday and he bought my Tanami female, hopefully he logs on soon and can defend me as well but all my animals are mite free and healthy so when she brought up orange mites I really don’t know how this could of happened…..

whether he refunds the money or not, i have been persuaded not to deal with this Dean. i had seriously considered buying a particular woma from him, and now i feel it's better to be safe than sorry. i am sure he knows about this thread and failing to respond means something. also, a dead snake means something. not worth the risk, i say.

Mate, seriously I don’t know who you are and who you have spoken too but don’t talk s#it about me, you have only been a member on this site for less than a year and your already spinning s#it, get a life…………………

Cheers Dean but if was fine when it left it makes me wonder how this happened....:shock:. I am sure an Autopsy will get to the bottom of it.I am sure you didnt sell a sick snake to rip off someone now as it defeats the purpose of offering full refunds etc. Hope all goes well and we get to the cause of the problem. For future freighters and everyone else as well.

Cheers Paul.

the frieght and airport companies don't care about animals..I picked my male cape york up a month ago and with me standing outside the grate in clear view the guy went to find it for me but he was chucking the small animal packages around here and there didn't find it I was so lucky that he didn't find him and some person that works in the office put him inside. and I think they do keep the animals in the same place as the luggage cause when I went to pick my dog up a few weeks ago, I had to wait till all the lugage was off first.

poor thing, all I could think would be dihidration if it's from sydney going to Nth QLD and you putting the heat on straight away once you got him home there like fish they need time to reajust to difference in heat and climate. and your in a warm part of australia. its probably got to do with it being to hot in the enclosure there extremely sensitive to changes in there environment.

ok i know this sounds stupid and i dont want to be annoying or anything but could it be possible that the animal got tampered with by the postage freight people

I just want to Add, I don’t know how many times I have been ripped of spending top dollar for a female when it’s a male, I also received a sick woma and lost $2000 because the guy wouldn’t give me a refund, I have had my breeding colony of lace monitors stolen from me!!!!! I have lost so much money in the reptile industry and for people to call me a scammer is absolute bulls#it you guys don’t even know me and you still attacked me even know I couldn’t login and defend myself, you are all a joke and I am sick of the crap that goes on here, if you have a problem with me come and see me face to face instead of hiding behind your keyboards like little school girls…………….and for all those that have helped me in the pass, I greatly appreciate it take care of yourselves.

This may sound odd, but do domestic airlines TOD their planes? anyone freighting snakes in a hold that hasn't been cleaned properly could end up with mites from another, unrelated freight of an infected snake.

The freight people also ship other perishables right. Perhaps their is alot more to the cause of death, we wont know until the autopsy, and possibly identifying the mites. There is so many species of mites that are red/orange in colour, for example the 'orange spider mites' that eat decaying fruit,veg,wood. Pehaps the snake was placed next to a crate with decaying material, such as a box of live worms. If anybody has a worm farm they might know about the little mites. We get them here in the compost heap in the thousands.
As for the health of the snake it may have been tossed around in transit or overheated etc. to cause extreme stress. Point is the first guess on cause of death is sometime not the right guess.
Try to keep a open mind until the autopsy results come in, but collect some of the mites for identification too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back