Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ally pup, I have no idea what it could be, sounds like a vet would be the best help though, or a herp expert close by?? All the very best of luck with your new little guy. Hope he recovers from whatever it is soon.

Sorry to hear.
As it has been said, dont name and shame, wait to see what arrangements you and the breeder can come to.
If they are proving difficult, then go ahead and name them, on this and other popular sites that have herps for sale ;)
Also if you name and shame, this thread will be deleted and it cant serve as a warning to others.

How about this quote from the seller when he initially purchased them... :shock:

I can’t believe people out there would sell a sick or injured animal to someone and think they can get away with it, well I hope this guy gets what he deserves. It makes me sick in my stomach and makes me so angry that we have people like that in our hobby.

What are you trying to say Mr Bredli??? People would use the net to make themselves out to be something different than they actually are!!!!! No Way, they wouldn't do that would they!

on reflection, i don't think that even refunding your money should be the end of it. this person should not only be named and shamed, but DECC should cancel his licence, he obviously is not a fit and proper person to hold animals. he is a disgrace. i don't think i need to wait to see if he refunds your money, i want to know who it is so i never have dealings with him.

Ally sorry about your loss.I hope the seller does the right thing by you.

There is an ad in Herptrader (SA Woma males) that has pics that look alot like ally's male,I will leave it up to anyone who sees it to make their own judgement on wheather they argee.

Easy to find out in this forum if you type in sick woma into the seach box and read through a few threads until you come across the quote that Mr Bredli posted .....

Mrs I

xxx

How about this quote from the seller when he initially purchased them... :shock:

Wow.. Worse than i thought if this is true.. Its bad enough to palm a sick animal off onto someone else, but even worse that they recieved an animal in poor condition and didn't seek the correct help for it to recover and instead palmed it onto someone else as its about to die.

selling a reptile in that condition !

Sorry to hear about the loss of your python.
I just can't understand why a breeder/seller would ship/sell a reptile in that condition and the fact that others have stated here that there may have been more pythons sold by this breeder is just unbelievable. Most of us strive to breed top quality reptiles and keep our reptiles in clean conditions. Keepers that have history of selling reptiles that are sick should be reported to NPWS and we all know that they have no idea of animal ethics and the code of conduct that they can follow. In my opinion they should never be allowed to keep and breed reptiles.
If this person has sold other pythons that are sick then I believe that we should be advised and the seller named if he will not compensate you once you have the facts and evidence.
I advise you take the matter to the small claims court as another member stated if he will not compensate you. He must also ship-pack reptiles by the correct packing methods. Take the python to the Vet and obtain the evidence ASAP.

Just a reminder if the animal is to be autopsied it should be chilled NOT frozen whilst stored.

No way this is a top guy and I wouldn't think he of anyone would rip someone off - From what i know of him ally - pop will get her money back.

If this is the guy I'm thinking of:?

Ally, sorry for your loss. Im just wondering if you should treat your other snakes incase it is mites. Im not an expert in this case, maybe someone else can advise here. Just wouldnt like the rest of your collection to suffer because of someone elses disrespect.

Ally sorry for your loss.what a horrible thing to have happened. I am shocked that a breeder could sell you this animal in the first place. Hope everything works out.

is this what the seller said when he bought them,

'Thanks for your support everyone, much appreciated. I just hope no one else goes through what I did, so be careful because there are scammers out there…………………"

as i said before, it's not a matter of refunding the money, people like this should be forced out of our hobby for good. i am so 'angry'.

:cry: I am so sorry to hear. I wish there was more I can say. :( Poor snake looked very sad, now he's not suffering anymore :cry:

I hope you can work it out with the breeder.

Sorry for your loss ally. Surely the seller should refund your money, there is no way that the snake was at 100% health when it was sent and he/she probably knew it too so if they dont refund your money then yes they should be named and shamed, especialy if this has happend to them.

I have just read through all 10 pages, really sorry to hear what you and your snake have been through Ally.

I hope you can reach a satisfactory resolution between yourself and the seller, if not I would be progressing the matter further, as that is unacceptable behaviour on the seller's behalf. I really don't believe a snake can deteriorate that quickly and that it would have at least been showing symptoms of an illness prior to being shipped.

Have you taken the snake for an autopsy? Would be very interested in the result. From what I have read, I am going to suggest the viral disease Inclusion Body Disease (IBD) based on what you have observed and stated and photos you posted. A Post Mortem will determine if it is the case.

All the best Ally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back