Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry do you know me?
OLD MATE - I live 200km away from Dean I have heard from a lot of people that Dean and through my own dealings with Dean that he is a great person, also that his reptiles are of high standards in the way of health, etc - fly down to Syd meet Dean look at his reptiles then come back on here and give us your comments.

SCAMMER - grow up please people - name calling doesn't help anyone - leave it for the play ground. Scammers don't return peoples money - they just keep ripping people off. When Dean found out he rang Ally and offered a full refund +:rolleyes:

Sorry I dont know you or...... old mate dean ( sorry but its a habit i have of calling people)

Im glad you feel dean is a nice person with all your dealings with him.

Doesnt change the fact that he is not a very nice person knowingly sending a sick animal.

I dont need to fly Sydney I saw one of his animals

benjemen i think that you should just lay of the seller, everyone has there opinion and i dont think theres much use argueing about it, Ally and Dean are getting it sorted.

and even if it was done intentionaly at least he had the stones to accept his mistake and fix it up, dont tell me you've gone through life without doing things you regret.

Let them sort it out, and settle down!
You can say hes a scammer etc, but at the end of the day you havent heard his side of the story, or explanation.

Im sure if dean is a good a guy as auz liz says he is, then he will give his reasons and clear things up.

If he has something to hide, again, im sure it will be found out, and there will be another 11 page thread about it before the mods get a chance to delete it.

Best of luck Ally, and i hope things get sorted out.

Did the woma actually die last night......I hear that as of this morning it was still alive but looking worse than yesterday.........sometimes a really sick snake can look as if it dead when there is still a spark...............

benjemen i think that you should just lay of the seller, everyone has there opinion and i dont think theres much use argueing about it, Ally and Dean are getting it sorted.

and even if it was done intentionaly at least he had the stones to accept his mistake and fix it up, dont tell me you've gone through life without doing things you regret.

True that;)

benjemen as I said maybe fly down to Syd meet Dean look at his reptiles then come back on here and give us your comments - is that a fare call - you have the money by the sounds of it - be a nice day out for you.

I don't know why it got sick or what happen between SYD and QLD all I know is I don't feel this was a deliberate thing - to send a sick snake out and have it die 12 hrs later.

OK...from what she told me this morning I figured it wasn't long for this world.

benjemen as I said maybe fly down to Syd meet Dean look at his reptiles then come back on here and give us your comments - is that a fare call - you have the money by the sounds of it - be a nice day out for you.

I don't know why it got sick or what happen between SYD and QLD all I know is I don't feel this was a deliberate thing - to send a sick snake out and have it die 12 hrs later.

Okay.. you have seen Deans reptiles and they are great. I take your word for it.

I hope it all gets sorted as this sort of thread isnt good for anyone involved and not to mention the poor snake. I know that the seller isnt here to defend himself and others are doing it for him but the Facts are there and theres no way this couldve happened just in Freighting times, there had to be something wrong with this snake before it was freighted and that is the dissapointing part. Hopefully Dean will be on here soon to sort this mess out and explain what happened because its not good when something like this happens. But the facts of the thread are there for all to see from the Buyer (Ally). In her other thread with the Pics of when she first bought the snake home it wasnt healthy and its hard to believe that the seller thought the snake was in good condition before it was placed in the Box/ Container for delivery....

Just my thoughts and i hope it all ends well for all involved :)

Cheers Paul

Ok if you agree. Explain for my own infomation how this animal or any animal for that matter can get this sick on a flight from Sydney to Mackay.

ally_pups snake aside have you ever heard of this happening?

I beg your pardon.

Please read the post quoted, ie, the one I replied to.

I was not making any comment other than that related to the convictionary attitude of some. I, in no way was making reference to this snake's condition or how it came to be that way or whether it was that way pre-dispatch in that post. If you are interested in my opinion on the latter read my earlier post in this thread on that subject.

Just to change the subject and for my own information. Is it possible that the symptoms ally_pup witnessed in her late woma yesterday were brought on by rapid heating after a sustained period of no heat?

Sorry to hear this Ally.

Refunds don't help make up for stress suffered.

Had a similar prob with some animals, spent 4 weeks assist feeding them and one still died at the vets.

Edited re vet

why would you throw out the enclosure?

Well as she doesn't know what killed it ( i think the word opmv or ibd was thrown around in the thread, not saying that's what it was) it's not really worth the risk to the rest of her collection or future herps to hang onto it imo,unless she gets the autopsy done and finds out what caused it (if possible).

Okay to clear all up.... and sort out this mess.

This is not nice for either me nor Dean.

As I said before I have sorted it out with Dean and do not believe in any way he is a 'scammer'. I truly believe this was unintentional and through dealing with Dean today he is as upset as me about the loss. Dean cannot defend himself as he cannot access internet acces but I asure you is he could he would.

I did not post this on here for name calling and to ruin someones reputation, I simply needed help and support at a desperate time. I am not defending the fact that the snake was sick but at this stage a cause of death is not determined, therefore slandering is not necessary.

On the other hand, thank you to everyone for their help and support it is much appreciated.

whether he refunds the money or not, i have been persuaded not to deal with this Dean. i had seriously considered buying a particular woma from him, and now i feel it's better to be safe than sorry. i am sure he knows about this thread and failing to respond means something. also, a dead snake means something. not worth the risk, i say.

I know what the pics looked like but it is very difficult to tell from a couple of pics of what the problem was.The animal could of got overheated during transit or even placed in the wrong cargo hold which could of caused the same result.

I think it would be in the best interest of the buyer to also foot the bill for an autopsy.At least that way its cause of death might be able to be worked out one way or another.

BTW I dont know anything about the seller

re Please

I know what the pics looked like but it is very difficult to tell from a couple of pics of what the problem was.The animal could of got overheated during transit or even placed in the wrong cargo hold which could of caused the same result.

I think it would be in the best interest of the buyer to also foot the bill for an autopsy.At least that way its cause of death might be able to be worked out one way or another.

BTW I dont know anything about the seller

Yes Mr ramsayi,could be many things,couldve been placed next to a dirty big scary taipan or looked down out of the window at 30 thousand feet and crapped itself,may also just have been the wrong snake that was sent . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back